For Sale FS: 1996 GT Bravado monster cross, with modern twist.

BarneyRubble

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi All,
Recently moved house and need to shed some bikes, as I'm short on space. Much ad I love this build, I don't ride it as much as my modern gravel bike, so this has to go.
This bike gets lots of attention, so you need to be happy to stop and chat. 😂

Price drop to £600!

Looking for £675, or very close offers as it cost me over £1200 to build and has covered just a couple of hundred miles since. It's a great bike and very usable.
It's very blingy, with Chris king headset, new middleburn RS7, hope hubs, mavic rims, Thomson post and stem etc.
The Gevenalle integrated thumbies/brake levers for drops were well over £200 alone! 😳

IMG_20220402_101952.jpg

Full spec and pics here: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads...ontent-new-pics-p3.430668/page-3#post-3302294

Only change is some next gen XT v brakes, but I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow. Condition wise, it's excellent. Needs some new v brake noodles as they're a little rusty, plus a scratch in the bar tape, although still functional. I'll chuck in some new v brake pads (cartridge).

I live in Cornwall, but could potentially get it to Bristol area in between Christmas and New year. Or I'll post at cost and new owner's risk.

Cheers
Barney

Last edited:
Worth saying that it would be easy to convert back to flats if the drops are not your bag, but it is really good fun with the Redshift bars. 😁

New Year bump as impending house sale means space required.
Plus it's sunny outside, so perfect for a bit of gravel riding (AKA 90s mtb). :)

Back