Score!! Spooky Bandwagon :P

mamadirt":189tbv3f said:
LikeClockwork":189tbv3f said:
mamadirt":189tbv3f said:
Ha ha, from Bandwagon to menopause in a page and a half :LOL: Maybe we should start a new thread :oops:

We could, but we'd probably be the only ones commenting on it....can't imagine the chaps would have much to say for fear of us throwing knives during one of our hot flushes...

We could become a double act, the French And Saunders of Retrobike.

:roll:

Ha ha, love it! :LOL:

raidan73":189tbv3f said:
.........unsubscribed

We know you're still looking really Adrian ;)

Ha ha

Lovely frame. Back on topic!

Here we freakin' go . . . excited about this one :p . Arrived today so hopefully good to go by the weekend albeit with some modern bits pinched from my DMR.

p4pb11711123.jpg

Definitely earmarked for a set of Hope C2s or Minis but for the time being it'll be using the SLX brakeset off my DMR. Similarly with the crankset, I have a set of basic black Shimano 4 bolt crank arms for now but I reckon it's crying out for a set of Profiles :cool: . Really hope I can hang onto this one long enough to do it justice.

Profiles are a great choice. Truely classic crank arms.

Do you want to mount a disc brake adapter for the C2 or minis in the rear?

Yes, planning on running a rear disc brake. I think the proper adaptor mounts are pretty hard to come by but I have a Tensile torsion bar brake adaptor which I shall have fun trying to fit tomorrow. Frame is all retouched ready to go now - well the paint anyway. It seems a shame to retouch the decals which are pretty worn and torn - looks like it's had a good life. I'll get some more pics done tomorrow pre-build.

Re:

I ran an A2Z disc adapter on my Bandwagon - works perfectly because of the big flat sections on the dropouts.

I know Profile cranks are 'right' for the Spooky but they are so heavy that they made me cry - get some DMR wonder cups and a nice Middleburn. They made me smile.

Mind you, you can completely ignore my advice because I also reamed out the seat tube to take a 27.2mm dropper post and riveted some bottle cage mounts onto my frame. Just need a shopping basket on the bars now...

Oooh, riveting on bottle cage mounts sounds interesting - it'll be next year's XC race bike ('race' in the loosest sense of the word :LOL: ) if it lasts that long.

Already has wondercups fitted so yeah, Middleburns are definitely a lighter option.

All ready to build now. A quick mock-up before cutting my fork steerer shows the BB height to be a tad high and angles slack with the 130mm Marzocchi DJs I have but hey, they'll do for now, along with the other poached parts . . . I'm super-impatient and hope to have it ready to ride tomorrow although it'll have to wait until the New Year for more period-correct parts (thank goodness for December birthdays, eh).

p4pb11720875.jpg

Non-driveside decals are really scuffed up but it seems a shame to retouch them . . .
p4pb11720876.jpg

So glad I hung onto my British Dirt Riders sticker :cool:
p4pb11720877.jpg

Loving that girder-like rear end :p . Tyre clearance is pretty tight though with the Tioga Factory DHs I have.
p4pb11720878.jpg

Apologies for the grainy pics - my phone camera is not brilliant. Now excuse me I have a bicycle to build . . .

Back