Scam?

1210tech

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So I'm selling (or trying to sell) one of my Pace frames but keep getting either tyre kickers or would be scammers contacting me.
I've heard about the non delivery scam where the item is 'lost' in transit and Paypal refund the buyer and the seller ends up out of pocket.
This the latest email I've received, what does every think, scammer?

Thanks for the mail, i am buying this for my son as his birthday gift because i would not be around to celebrate with him i am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore in UK and due to the nature of my work,phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. In case if you will want to call me to talk to me on phone you can easily call me on this number +447024041070. I really want this item to be a surprise gift for my son so i wont let him know anything about the item until it gets delivered to him , i am sure he will be more than happy with the item.I insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my PayPal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it....i would be glad to pay for this item as soon as possible though i will not be available to come for an inspection due to my tight schedule.Kindly get back to me with the following questions below:

1) Are you the Owner?
2) Pick up Location?
3) Your PayPal Email ID to effect the payment
4) Asking price once again for confirmation?

I would be glad to make the payment immediately through PayPal so kindly get back to me with your PayPal Email. You need not to worry yourself about title transfer and shipment,i will instruct the shipping company to handle that therefore in order to complete the transaction do get back to me with your PayPal Email and total cost so that I can make the payment as soon as possible. I will be waiting for your reply!

Thanks and God bless.

Re:

Can't be sure, but the bad English and the fact he keeps referring vaguely to 'the item' rather than specifically talking about the bike/frame you're selling seems well dodgy.

He only gives a mobile number, also not a good sign.

Also, if he was working on an oil rig and away from home a lot, why would he not have internet banking? It's not hard to set up, after all.

Finally, the fact he excludes inspecting the item suggests he's trying to make room to pull a 'not as described' scam later.

Could always try ringing the number given to see what he says, but it looks dodgy to me.

Johnny

Dodgy! Thats a lot of information you don't need to know right there. He doesn't have internet banking and he works offshore, what a load of sh1t

Just search the internet.
Do not give any details. It looks to be a scam to buy things on other people paypal and/or find out details to the paypal account. With pick-up you are also not protected on paypal apparently as there is no confirmed delivery.

Just read around.

He's also more interested in selling you this story than he is about "the item" never mind what condition is it in. Seems very keen to send you money without wanting to know about what he's getting.
I don't know, but I would have thought one of the things an oil company could provide their workers would be decent communication / internet facilities. :evil:

Ok so I just google'd the mobile number he gave and yes, he's tried it on a lot, just hope he hasn't had too many successful attempts.

This is the email address also: jessytisha@gmail.com if anybody wants to sign his email address to lots and lots of spam sites :D

The stuff about working on an oil rig and not being able to communicate made me laugh, what a load of shit! :twisted:

Re:

That phone number comes up on about 146 scam alert websites!!
I would ignore or report it.

Back