SB9443 Team Owned Raleigh 753 Dyna-Tech Castorama

Re: Team Owned Raleigh 753 Dyna-Tech Castorama (got saddle)

Picked up a few more bits,
The head badge I had looked ok from a distance but close up wasn't perfect so I managed to pick up an old frame for a few pounds that had a perfect badge :) and to boot that old frame will now be built up for a friends lad.

Also got my front mech, the correct 1987 - 91 model. I had originally picked up the later one which has the allen bolt to secure the cable and the shaped blades before I found out it was this one I needed. Lucky for me the guy had both so he swapped it for me.

While I was there I also picked up the freewheel, bargain imho as it was 50% less than what they are being sold for on ebay. From research this should work with the indexing ..... I hope. Although I may polish of the 1992 bit to keep in keeping with the bike.

Also got my 3.5mm allen wrench from him.

Finally (at the moment) I've got my original 80's ITM stem and racing bars and have fitted my tape and cables.

Its all coming along nicely, Seat post is on its way as is the bottom bracket so after that its just a chain and wheel build to go really.

Thanks for all the positive feed back to, there are some fantastic Castorama's on here and I really hope that my one is up there with them.

Re: Team Owned Raleigh 753 Dyna-Tech Castorama (more goodies)

Few small updates:

the C Record bottom bracket is here as is the C Record seat post, so I've put it all on just to get and idea of what its going to look at. I'm using look pedals as these are what I'm use to and that cleats are easy to get.

Also had a vertical Maxi Sport decal made for the back of the seat tube.

Just need to get the wheels built now and get a chain and it should be finished.

Re: Team Owned Raleigh 753 Dyna-Tech Castorama (almost done)

Nearly there and looking every bit special and i just love the seat post as it looks like a very nice piece sculpture that some ones taken the time with :cool: ..

A stupid question!! but can you turn right without pulling the front brake on??
as the front brake cable looks way too short to me?

Yeah, it turns fine with out pulling at all. Maybe could have been a bit longer but when I put the stem down another inch that will give that effect a little. But it does work well how it is at the moment.

Maca":1qnns2rj said:
Yeah, it turns fine with out pulling at all. Maybe could have been a bit longer but when I put the stem down another inch that will give that effect a little. But it does work well how it is at the moment.

Ah thats good news ;) like you say putting the stem down an inch will have the desired effect.
The last thing you need is to have to re do the Delta Brake cable fitting (if you know what I mean) lol.

I certainly do know what you mean about the Delta cable fitting :) :)

A beauty
Thanks for sharing this. Inspirational!

Re: brake cable

Turning the bars does not affect the cable one iota, mechanically when the bars rotate so does the front brake, if you notice the handlebar and fork are connected together by the steerer tube!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: brake cable

daytonatwin":yq3cb88k said:
Turning the bars does not affect the cable one iota, mechanically when the bars rotate so does the front brake, if you notice the handlebar and fork are connected together by the steerer tube!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear!!
Never mind, :)

Back