SB9443 Team Owned Raleigh 753 Dyna-Tech Castorama

Re:

Cracking thread this. My finger hovered over the BIN button on this very frame those months ago - slight jealousy here but I know I'd never do as good a job at restoration - so glad you bought it.
Looking forward to the finished result.

Re:

Cheers Mat, cant wait tobgetbthe frame back and start getting the decals on.

Its been such a result that it wasn't cracked and that it was a team one.

Re: Team Owned Raleigh 753 Dyna-Tech Castorama (small update)

Wow
Love the attention to detail with this restoration!

well frame is back from the painters, and imho is another cracking job. I've started to put the decals on but had a little set back. where we had used the decals from my mates 653 one I hadn't noticed that the decals on the down tube were different between the two bikes. They look the same and are the same size but the cut outs for the water bottles are in different places. So I'm having them re-done.

for now this is just the re-painted frame.

The frame is now finished and wearing its new decals thanks to Del and paint thanks to MRCreations.

Have to say these were some of the hardest decals I have done as they are so long, really happy thou as we managed to get the head badge decal on the seat tube as was rather than a later style as well as getting all the little cut outs for water bottle cage bosses and the cable exit in exactly the right places, even did the product of Raleigh sticker that was on it.

Hope you like

Re: Team Owned Raleigh 753 Dyna-Tech Castorama (Frame done p3)

Hi,

I've just come across this thread while researching vintage bikes. I've just got my first (and second) Cyfacs and have become really interested in their history and the team bikes they used to produce.

I'm in awe of the work and attention to detail you've put into this, so well done, can't wait to see it fully built.

Keep up the good work.

Ed

Thanks Ed

The detail of these bikes has become a bit of an obsession but I do like building them, I've started adding the bits that I already have so will get a few pics of the build so far up soon.

I've been building :)

Decided to start putting the bits I had on the frame, partly to keep them safe but more so because I couldn't wait to see what they looked like on the bike. Few more bits to buy as money allows but its coming on a treat.

Parts fitted so far:
Delta Brakes
C-Record Rear Mech
Headset
Syncro II shifters
Alloy TA cages
TA TDF Coca Cola bottles

Hopefully get my BB, Front mech and seat post soon ........... but this campagnolo gear is very expensive :(

Back