Save Our Forests!!!!!

marin man":31lemqsg said:
well its funny as one minute he was pleading povety and complaining he couldnt pay his rent or somesuch then he was having a new kitchen........

yep he doesnt believe in what he posts just does so to wind us all up :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

On the contrary, I live in rented accomodation, that because there is no single male accomodation available from the council. The modifications I am doin to my flat, a studio flat at that are necessary, as the kitchen furniture has taken on the structural consistency of a digestive biscuit and damp rules supreme. Such damp that the carpet gripper rods when I lifted the carpet were black and orange with fungus growing on it and under the underlay, it was a sea of damp. Of course the flat has rising damp, I suspect the bitumin damp course has failed, but hey ho, I know what to do with a mixture of silicone and paint, I was in the damp course scam at one point in my past, my business going out of business, because I did the job properly, my guarantees were worth the paper they were written on.

Of course I rent off a private landlord who I leave well alone, I don't bother her, and she doesn't bother me, my rent has been the same for five years and an increase I cannot afford or the streets it will be.

I am paying for the improvements with my CICA compensation which the government agencies begrudingly awarded me late last year, you know, that compensation the government gives to victims of crime, in my case, attempted murder, where brain injury was caused.

I do have a variable mood from day to day and yes, I come on these forums to say, just like everyone else, some days I might be flippant, other days I might be moody, but hey, it's a free world as far as the internet is concerned at least, dont like what I say, don't read, simple as that.

The CICA shafted you , or their rules changed.. my Brother got £2k for a minor crack on his cheekbone, might have been a broken nose too (but you shoulda seen the other fella.... no, really - he was proper busted up)...

Oh yes, the CICA shafted me, I am fully aware of that, that was why I said 'begrugingly', it did not help that the person dealing with my case was clearly judgmental and prejudiced for whatever reason, as they used various nasty tricks to annoy me and obviously make me drop my application, I ver nearly did, but in the end I just got fed up with it all and accepted the second offer, which according to the tarriff was ok, not brilliant, but within the boundaries. But the CICA is another Quango, unelected people with power over people, a quango that survived the recent quango cull.

My serious error in all of this was believing the system was fair and worked, I know now it isn't and doesn't when money being paid out is concerned, I should have put this claim in the hands of a law professional to fight the law professionals on the government side.

But the whole affair has re educated me to the reality of the system, there is nothing like experience, for with experience, ideals and commonly held notions fly right out the window.

silverclaws":2b5s4prh said:
it did not help that the person dealing with my case was clearly judgmental and prejudiced .

Get this alot in your life dont you silverclaws....maybe you should look closer to home mate ;)

No I don't, but I have gone through, perhaps am still going through a change, a change from a naive belief in society as a functioning system that works, i.e. those in authority care about those they lord over and everything works as the ideal suggests.

You call the police, they respond, you make a complaint, they act, captured felons go to court and judges do what they are meant to do, and those who are guilty get sentenced depending on the severity of the crime . The past six years I have discovered the naive ideal is a complete load of crap, I feel hoodwinked for my belief in the system and to be perfectly honest, I feel abused by the system, abused for being honest and an upright citizen of this country.

I was brought up on the right side of the tracks, cub scouts, boy scouts, venture scouts, Queen's scout, scout leader, group scout leader, Duke of Edingurgh's award, bronze, silver and Gold, I have sworn an oath of allegiance to the Queen and served my country in the armed forces. I was brought up with helping people, honesty and good will, but when one actually needs the system one has supported all their life and found it sadly lacking, one's new education starts to take shape. Streetwise I believe it is called, I missed that education, I am not streetwise, I still it seems cling to a past ideal, I have to check myself when it happens, for the system I once believed in and supported, is just not there.

I just wonder if it would be better for you ....instead of sitting about,over analyzing everything that you see and here,you would be better of getting on with your life before it is too late mate ;)

ten years will go like days and then the next ten years and the next and all you would have done is moaned and worried about crap you cant change ;)

Get on with your life NOW :LOL: :LOL:

silverclaws":n3x2pidm said:
On the contrary, I live in rented accomodation, that because there is no single male accomodation available from the council. The modifications I am doin to my flat, a studio flat at that are necessary, as the kitchen furniture has taken on the structural consistency of a digestive biscuit and damp rules supreme.

I might just comment that if you've spent the best part of £3k of your own cash doing up your rented accomodation, then you've let your landlord mug you aswell!

Russell":10lza56q said:
silverclaws":10lza56q said:
On the contrary, I live in rented accomodation, that because there is no single male accomodation available from the council. The modifications I am doin to my flat, a studio flat at that are necessary, as the kitchen furniture has taken on the structural consistency of a digestive biscuit and damp rules supreme.

I might just comment that if you've spent the best part of £3k of your own cash doing up your rented accomodation, then you've let your landlord mug you aswell!

Not really, I live here, I am making the place fit and habitable for me to live here, a place I can be proud of and even invite others back and they won't think me a complete pig, for this place was a pigsty, my new decor shows that, but one thing I have noticed, is with the changes that have happened with where I live, my mindset is changing from the variable but dominating negativity, to the variable, but dominating positivety, so it is true ones home does reflect their state of mind, clean and inviting home, clean and inviting mind.

Money is one of those things that comes and goes, it is only an enabler to live, it is not life itself, for although money is needed, for some things, money is not a requirement of life.

Of my pay out, so far, my decor and rennovations has cost me circa £300, because I was a building tradesman way back, I can rennovate cheaply and have skills in various household trades. I also buy second hand and modify to my tastes. The bigest expense was a laminate floor throughout, not the cheapest stuff, but about mid range and I did that for 150 fitted.

The only pisser, is somebody pinched my washing machine, I left it outside for two nights whilst I did the floor, and it went, so have to find a replacement washing machine now.

My family was correct, my improvement, my getting well, starts with where I live, so the money spent was and is worthwhile. My landlady, well she can continue not bothering me, as I know what my rent pays for.

why would some one steal a washing machine...some people ...
anu hoos back on topic ...this thread had a good ending...the forests are staying put...not going into the hands of people who were almost certain to fence it up and keep us out...

Back