Save Our Forests!!!!!

marin man":14yfjj86 said:
probably better to of shown "compassion" to everyone and gone bust country wide I suppose :LOL:

NOT ;)

Maybe you are too young to remember the recessions of the end of the 70s, early and late 80s and early 90s.

Also too young to know jack about living in Thatcher's Britain as well then.

I was working in the NHS in the late eighties and saw first hand what they did.

marin man":1e4clx3n said:
well its funny as one minute he was pleading povety and complaining he couldnt pay his rent or somesuch then he was having a new kitchen........

yep he doesnt believe in what he posts just does so to wind us all up :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I cannot imagine anyone doing that. :shock:

Bought a house in '89...... wasn't still in possession of it by '91.

On the upside, it did add a gnats over £30k to my already extensive debts..

Neil":2pifstck said:
Comparing her to Hussein, Gaddafi, Pinochet, and Mugabe is a fallacy of the occluded middle.

I think it is a good analogy. There is a really good comparison of the way Thatcher disregarded the well being of her people in favour of making large on the international stage.

Perhaps not to the same degree as the despots mentioned, but on some levels very similarly.

IDB1":1l6bjaih said:
Bought a house in '89...... wasn't still in possession of it by '91.

On the upside, it did add a gnats over £30k to my already extensive debts..

Sorry to hear that man, but on the other side of the coin, I bought one in the late 90s and sold it for a great (unbelievable) profit ten years later.

My wife's house has gone up in value three hundred percent since the late 90s.

Home owners have little to moan about the Labour years.

It's fine now.. the only downside is now I have no desire to have another mortgage :LOL:

Oh.. that and getting rid of not far off £70k in debts can be a little stressful - got that over and done with about 9 years ago now ;)

My Mum bought her house off the council for £11k and sold it some years later for nearly £150k..

Don't think that selling off council stock was a good thing though.. but it worked ok for her ;)

in some paets..not all...typically in areas of his own arab group...same with saddam...its how they stayed in power...

hes still a loony who funded terrorists on a mass scale in the 70s and 80s and 90s...this is what happens when you promote yourself to colnel i suppose

Back