Saudi Arabia

Mike Muz 67":3jnbctfx said:
Retro Spud":3jnbctfx said:
The History Man":3jnbctfx said:
I think we should train our out of control dags to infiltrate them.

Two birds with one stone.

History Man you amaze me... ^^^

I thought your weopon of first resort to curb those tyrants would be a home made slightly warm and moist Victoria Sponge with a layer of Raspberry preserve running through it and a nice dusting of flour over the top.

How absurd, the dusting would never stay on top. Maybe butter cream, with mini eggs on top.
Well it is Easter

Thats it Mikey....full house now you got Religion in on the thread, :D
You leave our Religious day of chocolate eating out of this.

What time is it?

It has always been this way. Why do you think anything will change?

Trade rules.

Have you seen Bristol, Liverpool, Manchester etc barbarism built our cities overseas and at home.

My balls are sooooo strokable.

Re:

Chocolate? Where? I can't see it ? Need to call in a chocolate Labrador in, isn't that what they're for? Sniffing it out? :LOL:

They were dressing up and dragging things through the street and stopping every few yards on Friday. I thought the HONC was in n two weeks.

The History Man":1w4x12ub said:
What time is it?

Hard to say as the clocks went back, no, it was forward, welk thet certaunky changed was it .. right now could be tomorrow, its so confusing

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":25reqds6 said:
I am agreed we won't see Corbyn as PM.

But if anyone with vaguely similar principles becomes PM I reckon there will be action taken against Saudi.
Does Donald Trump qualify? ;)

Singling out Saudi Arabia, he said that if the country weren’t “without the cloak of American protection, I don’t think it would be around.”

To rebalance the deal, Mr Trump said, Saudi Arabia should deploy ground troops to fight Isil in Syria and Iraq, or "substantially reimburse" the United States for combating the militant group.

And to force their hand, he suggested, America could stop buying its oil.

America's allies are "ripping us off" says Donald Trump

Mike Muz 67":25reqds6 said:
Quite where HS2 falls into that, is anyone's guess. A 20 minute saving in time over the current system. What do people do in that time? Get a Costalot coffee and tweet their friends/colleagues /wives/mistresses. Or go on this forum, and agree to buy old bike tat! Oh hang on, sounds good all of a sudden. :LOL:

Willy waving,as someone on here pointed out once! The same goes for Boris Island airport! FFS! :LOL:
The hidden story behind this project goes back to 1993, when Jacques Delors was busy with two gargantuan schemes for the integration of Europe. One was to give it a single currency. The other, just as ambitious, was his plan for Trans-European Networks (TENs), designed to integrate all Europe’s transport and communications systems. These would not be funded directly by the EU; instead, the member states would construct their own bits according to an overall plan. Part of the grand design was a Europe-wide network of high-speed trains, sections of which have now been built by several countries, including the Netherlands. As Andrew Gilligan revealed in last week’s Sunday Telegraph, the Dutch line has been a commercial disaster, running 85 per cent empty and needing a £250 million bailout by taxpayers.

The first British section to be subsumed into a TEN was the already planned link between London and Paris, which was why its name was changed from the Channel Tunnel Link to “HS1”. But once the idea of a high-speed train network had lodged in the corporate mind of our departmental officials, like their continental counterparts they began planning extensions to the grand design, to connect the North of England and Scotland directly with the European network.

Whenever a new line is built, under EU directive 96/48, it must connect “interoperably” with the rest of the network. This is why those trains from Birmingham and the North will have to connect directly with the continent. No doubt, since one can fly from Birmingham to Paris in under an hour, such trains will prove as financially disastrous as their Dutch equivalent – but nothing in the grand design is based on practical calculations. HS2 is a political project, inspired by Delors’ dream of an integrated Europe. And that is why our politicians and officials, under its spell, press on with it, regardless of common sense.

The continent is the final destination for HS2

Re:

Change happens. In my lifetime I have seen the events in South Africa, Ireland, USSR, Europe, Middle East and the rise of environmental awareness, knowledge of space, the internet and communications in general. So much change it is hard to quantify.

I don't see the same old in any of that. Regimes like Saudi, who rely on keeping their populace in the dark about their practises, are on the wain.

We won't tolerate covert duplicitous activity from our politicians, the natural progression is to insist they don't deal with those who rely on it to rule over other states.

Back