Saracen Kili Comp

You're fine with Tange Ultimate Ultralight. The three types of Ultimate were jointly the top of the Tange range. I don't know how much more expensive it was than the basic Prestige, but a fair bit I think. Even the basic Tange Prestige was a high-quality heat-treated tubeset, so we're talking about better than good.

Note that the sticker is a Saracen sticker, not the normal Tange Ultimate sticker. Nevertheless I think you can rely on it that the sticker is a true reflection of what you have - they would be breaking the Trades Description Act otherwise. I can only guess that they decided to upgrade the frames at some point in the 1994 model year. Possibly Prestige was in short supply? Maybe something like that.

LGF :LOL: It had me confused all day at work. Then it twigged that it didn't look like a familiar wall...

Anthony, thanks for the info fella. Right, updating some photos now if photobucket plays fair..

Photos in the dark tonight.. Bike is filthy but that's a good sign to me, least it's getting used..

Oh, and toying with some seatposts this morning hence the seat at a funny angle again, that's the one thing I am going to change as its a cheap nasty seatpost in it at present. Anyway, for now its finished and working well.

IMG_4158.jpg

IMG_4154.jpg

IMG_4153.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg

Got the original collar back! Although it has a rusty bolt, something to clear this winter.

IMG_4156.jpg

IMG_4155.jpg

IMG_4163.jpg

And just so to prove to myself more than anyone that I wasn't going mad, the original tange ultimate sticker that confused me no end!

IMG_4151.jpg

wow haven't seen one of those since rob warner rode for saracen that was about 93-95 i think he ran shimano 105 road gear on his :)

Back