Saracen kili 853

We_are_Stevo":1w3v1ctf said:
I have a natural aversion to all things carbon, but this just looks so 'right.'

Stunning bike, and a terrific set of photo's to show it off; my favourite...

Cheers Steve, much appreciated! :D

Fantastic finished result there Dendy. It's a real looker. :cool:

I'll be chuffed to bits if mine ends up looking half as nice. ;)

I'm not sure if I missed it between this thread and the saracen lovers thread (and perhaps a few others too), but did you ever pin down the exact year of this frame and when they started adding the extra meat to the top of the wishbone?

spacehopper":3o7q8wo6 said:
:shock:

WOW.... just... WOW!!

*stunning*

firedfromthecircus":3o7q8wo6 said:
Fantastic finished result there Dendy. It's a real looker. :cool:

I'll be chuffed to bits if mine ends up looking half as nice. ;)

I'm not sure if I missed it between this thread and the saracen lovers thread (and perhaps a few others too), but did you ever pin down the exact year of this frame and when they started adding the extra meat to the top of the wishbone?

Thanks for the positive comments! :D

The fact that it has the extra beef at the wishbone and the colour and original kit suggests a 98 kili comp. I ended up speaking with a chap who raced for a Birmingham based bike shop in the 90's that was sponsored by Saracen. In 97 they raced the kili comp and found that they were cracking around the joint so Saracen strengthened the wishbone for 98. :?

Having spent hours trawling this site since joining. This is possibly the nicest bike i've seen that i'd actually like to own and more importantly RIDE!
Awesome

wardsta23":1rkmx49n said:
Having spent hours trawling this site since joining. This is possibly the nicest bike i've seen that i'd actually like to own and more importantly RIDE!
Awesome

Nice one, much appreciated :D

Back