Saracen 1991 Trekker Competition Hydrotech

Yes i must admit to liking the 92 version a lot and the silver Sahara does look Peachy to say the least but given the choice i'd like to own the Trekker if i could get hold of it but money is real tight due to family bithdays and what else is yet to come ..

Tell you what, it's not a keeper for me due to space and not enough time to ride so many bikes. I'd like to use it though so in no rush to sell.
I'll give you first refusal when the time comes. How's that?

you certainly know how to dangle that carrot and to be honest i need to know if it will fit my short inside leg measurement of 30 inches although i don't suppose that's a worry really so yes ! please put me down for the 1st refusal ;) ..

would you believe that i'm actually 5ft 11" and that most of my height comes from my upper body lol :LOL: .

Yes i'm all in suspense here like a little kid waiting for a glimpse of his favourite toy :facepalm: :LOL: so as you've guessed it , i just can't wait to see her all finally ready to ride and even more eager to read you feed back ;) ..

She's done. I spent a few minutes scratching my head whilst cabling the rear mech. It's running 7 speed and I set the shifter to the first position after the magic click forgetting DX only do 6/7 speed. I wondered why I couldn't get the biggest ring on the cassette! What a dumbass ;)

Out on the first ride now, initial signs are great, rides just like a bike from my youth did in a good way. Bonus of no chain suck/ slap.

Very happy with this one :)

Well i'm really totally amazed at how well she looks in more natural surroundings as all the effort you've put into getting her up and running again as paid off 110% imho :cool: :cool: .

If it makes you feel better your not the only person to make a bit of a hash of the gears :shock: as i remember when i had my old explorer that i'd decided to pull some more cable through the rear mech so i cleverly shortened the cable casing on the chainstay by around an inch and three quarters and for some reason i could no longer get my 2 highest gears any more but the really smart part about it is i'd trimmed the excess gear cable up to the rear mech to a nice length of a quarter of an inch :facepalm: :oops: ..

Any way your Trekker really is looking the part although i still feel it needs those decals to complete the look and i'm feeling a little jealous as i'd just love to experience how the bike feels when out on the trails but i'm glad you've found it just as exciting as you use to back in the day as that's just priceless ;) ..

Thank you for the kind words.

I would source and decals but at £30 a pop approximately if gil_m has them, they are a bit pricey for a bike I doubt I'll keep for long. Plus it'd be a shame to put them on chipped paint but I can't bring myself to repaint this as it's just so honest.

The best thing about this bike is that in 24 years I am now only the 2nd owner. I hope I have done the old girl justice, I didn't want to over restore her and replaced bits only as necessary. In regards to that, a spec list will follow.

Still out on the trails in the sun :)

Ouch that is a tad pricey tbh so maybe the decals should be left to the next owner to decide upon and
Your only the 2nd owner from new :shock: this is very surprising considering the age of the bike but i assume the 1st owner probably had it a good length of time before selling it on because they had enjoyed using the bike so much :cool: and yes you enjoy every moment while the weather is good as god knows when the weather will be as good again ;) and let's face it next month is April and we both know what that is well known for don't we ! ..

Well i can do no more than agree with the way that you've done the bike as just replacing the worn parts is the way to go without disrespecting such a wonderful machine and i think i'd have ago at either touching up the chipped paint work or getsome decals on at a later date and possibly clear coat it all ..

Back