Santa Cruz Chameleon now 650b!

Re: Re:

konaben82":2jnwmlmz said:
kyle888":2jnwmlmz said:
Nice build!

You still got the pashley?

Hi mate, the pashley has gone I'm afraid, reluctant sale but I'm getting to old for trails and being a prat on a bike! :LOL: broke my hand in September so I'm staying off the rigid bikes for a bit :cool:

Coomber, I'm looking forward to trying these bars out, 810mm is proper huge! I had a Renthal fatbar light on a bike last year and loved them - why did I sell them again? :evil: :LOL:

No way gutted, i got another trials bike in the end i want to keep up my skills because in a couple of years my 4 year old son's friends will think its cool :) and I'd like to teach him as well!

Those bars are mahusive! ! poss too wide?

Re: Santa Cruz Chameleon (Almost finished!)

Probably mate! I'll see how it goes, I can always cut them down if need be!

I'll get another trials bike eventually, don't get out as much as I'd like to!

Re:

Took him out for a spin today down at moors valley country park, it was a bit wet and sloppy but fun all the same :D bike handles well and I'm very impressed with the new continental trail kings, brilliant tyres for the money! :xmas-wink:

Had a dilemma with the el guapo ancho bars.... Because of my short steerer and lack of stem height the gear shifter/brake levers hit the top tube when the bars are turned right round... I'm not having that! If this frame gets a dent or big chip from the bike falling over or something I'll be very upset!! :evil: :(

A friend of mine has offered to buy them off me and a renthal fat bar with 38mm rise is in the post!

The other thing I didn't like was the stem is too small, I'm going to get a 70 mm I reckon but I'll leave it until the bars arrive incase I need something with a little bit of rise to clear the top tube!

Anyway, here are some pics, the orange gear cable is going! I have a black one to go on over the weekend!

As my friend has claimed the el guapo ancho bars I've fitted a surplus Kona straight bar as a temporary measure - looks and feels crap but hey ho! :xmas-cool:

Another thing I found annoying was the brakes were crap, maybe that's because I'm using cheap rotors? Or they haven't bedded in yet? ...the Deore discs I had before were snappy straight out the box!

I hope so, I'll get down better rotors in the new year as these ones don't match!

amazing build! looks like very funny and "race" with that "low" front configuration...
great bike! 27,5" or 26"?

Hi, it's a bit too low at the front to be honest, new bars should rectify that :)

It's a 26er although the forks are 27.5 and apparently the frame will take a 27.5 wheel with a lower profile tyre!

Ok so there has been a few changes to this bike over the last month or so, I thought I'd try 650b wheels and they fit nicely - opted for racing Ralph's as they are quite low profile and fast rollers! I also decided to lose all the coloured parts as it was looking a bit busy, I prefer this cleaner more elegant look anyway

Here are some pics of its current state

And for the tyre clearance...!

Back