Saddle collectors

15fsport_350

Cannondale Fan
Ok, let’s see if this one gets any traction on this forum! It’s an odd addiction but who here has a soft spot for collecting saddles?!

I don't actively collect them but despite not having ridden a leather saddle for more than 40 years somehow I've ended up with 2 Brooks Swallows and a Professional in my box of spare parts.

I seem to recall that there were quite a few saddle collectors interested in the saddles used by the nude models for Queen’s ‘Bicycle Race’ video.

Or was that an urban myth?

I am not sure if this qualifies as a collection but I have six Brooks saddles which are fitted to whichever bikes are flavour of the week. Two Flyers which are permanently on my touring bikes a Roberts Roughstuff and Raleigh Royal which is currently undergoing repair so is fitted to a Thorn Sterling at the moment. Two B17 which move around whichever bikes are in use including at times my Brompton and two plastic Brooks from the 1970s which are usually to be found on whatever three speed bikes are currently being used as hacks.

IMG_2818 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2820 - Copy.JPG

Back