SAD BIKES.

mrchuffy":20n17w6w said:
I agree, the craze for turning decent classic road machines into garish trendy Shoreditch fixies really ticks me off. Its like the banger racing scene in classic car circles destroying prospective classics. I rescued an 80s Ernie Clements from ebay a few years ago before things got ridiculous, for a low price and restored it with period parts and TLC to a rideable daily user whereas if I hadnt it would no doubt have ended up stripped and painted pink outside some cyber cafe in Hoxton.

I'm sorry but that analogy doesn't work :? in banger racing their destroying the cars and their scrapped afterwards :(

Most people building fixed wheel bikes are using low end bikes like the one I used that cost £35.00 and is never going to be considered classic :D

People using high end classic bikes are in most cases restoring the frames to their former glory but using them as fixed wheel, their not doing anything that can't be undone ;)

Admittedly their are some terrible things being done but they are in the minority :shock: I saw a lovely Bob Jackson with pretty good original paint apart from where they'd badly ground off all the cable guides :shock:

I see that as a member of the good taste police, I should have been directed to this thread instead of another one I recently contributed to in this part of the forum and managed to offend one or two people.

Back