Sachs Wavey

Might look a bit odd since I only want a single ring up front :?

Really liking the yellow and the grey . . . :cool:

Would a poor experience be down to mal-adjustment? Poor cables?
Something entirely different??

Had few of these and exterme model, they're good. Very simple, cheap plastic but great shifting. Really like them. Much better than any sram BITD.

So I guess I just need to wait for some reasonably priced red or grey ones to come up for sale :cool:

Going by old ads it looks like they fetch up to about £20.. ...

Would a poor experience be down to mal-adjustment? Poor cables?
Something entirely different??

yep , piss poor design all round , why have a shifter that requires a twist of the grip when you need your grips to stay stuck to the bar so you can control the bike :evil: I suppose they are fine if you ride like a mincer :LOL:

You are right though , they weren't set up properly . Well they looked like they were when I got it back from the shop . I lacked the time to do it myself , first ride and the shop hadn't settled the cables so I had to adjust the mech anyway :roll:

After that they would shift at any moment you didn't want them to , such as at any point you had hold of the bars . Unless it was wet , they never moved in the wet , no grip :LOL:

Maybe all the people who seem to like them should try a thumbie or rapidfire , imagine shifting only when you wanted to :shock: :LOL:

:LOL:

Interesting how the advocates are instead sat in front of their computers instead of riding these amazing things :LOL:

Pretty sure they were only about £20 new anyway . I remember a load of trials riders would put them on the other side of the lever :LOL: They had to have a mandatory 5 speeds and the twist type was more durable than other shifters when dropped . They never shifted though .

perry":2b8uzy7x said:
:LOL:

Interesting how the advocates are instead sat in front of their computers instead of riding these amazing things :LOL:

If I was out 'riding' as you say, I wouldnt be able to read these interesting and educational answers...

Back