Sachs Wavey

IDB1

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Considering having a try of these, read a few good reviews so as long as they don't require a great investment ;)

Will want them to run a Sachs Plasma rear mech

Can anyone tell from the pic whether these are the real thing??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SACHS-WAVEY-7-SPE ... _500wt_846

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Difficult to be sure from that awful picture but they look like they could well be Waveys.
Good shifters if they are.

They look right...

Didnt they make a higher end grip-type shifter with linear ridges on the grips and a small greenish window for the gear indicator? Also good IIRC...

Yea they are a wavy shifter fella.. :) , wavy are quite nice and positive.. good shifters.. got some 8 speed ones and they are brill.. :)

Fingers wrote :

They look right...

Didnt they make a higher end grip-type shifter with linear ridges on the grips and a small greenish window for the gear indicator? Also good IIRC...

Maybe quartz your thinking of.. a great shifter.. :)

I used to have Wavey shifters back in the day, loved them!
IIRC the cannondale team ran them back in the day?

Cheers chaps.. seem well worth a try then..

Thought that £9 (delivered) seemed a bargain for the r/h shifter but sifting through the classifieds on here, perhaps not..

And they come in more options than just black too??

Could be worth holding out for some more attractive ones - not in a rush, time is on my side ;)

All Terrain Cycles is a well known and reputable shop, just in case you want a little additional info. ;)

I'm trying to remember the name of the well known MTB trials rider who used to work there. He went on to ride with Martin & Martyn for awhile.

They are , they however are not as everyone proclaims , a good shifter :roll: I would rather come to a complete stop , get off and move the chain with my fingers than go near those shifters again .

So why do we have a few positive great shifter reports and just the one they're rubbish ? ?

Not saying you're wrong perry, or that I disagree with you (which would be foolhardy since I've never used that type of shifter), just wondering why your experience is so different to others. . .

Perrys in a huff again.

anyway, they are actually quite good with the left, if you can find the right one, having lots of clicks. Heres mine:

sachs_wavey_138.jpg

sachs_wavey_7spd_193.jpg

grey_sachs_wavey_667.jpg

I had some red ones too.

Back