Di2 question

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
It's really a road set up, but assume same logic applies.

I have a fully functioning, mint bike sporting di2 m6770 ukegra 10x. I bought a spare rear mech ages ago as they seem hard to come by, but I've never used it. I want to check it works, but I'm not sure what effect it will have on things if it has a fault. I've read about things such as limp mode, but have to confess I've no real experience in di2 other than riding the bike, and it all works flawlessly.

If I fit the spare rear mech and it has any issues, can I just refit the working mech and all will be dandy again, or will it require more technical a solution to get the system running again?

I don't want to screw up a working set up, but want to confirm the spare mech is good or not.

Cheers

you should be able to just plug & play. just be aware that of the many faults of di2, the rear derailleur rapid draining the battery is 1 of them. so make sure its fully charged if you revert back to the working mech

Thanks. I did experience the rapid battery drain. Thought it was the battery so bought a new one. Same again. Disconnected and reconnected rear mech. Seemed to sort it.

How rapid a drain are you talking. Mine was overnight so no idea how quick it was in reality.

I've really not used the bike much at all, should probably sell it now I have a gravel bike I suppose.

Back