Rubber-coated commuter

90sCro-MoFan":2xnu9dz2 said:
".....easily available"...............That's..................worrying...................
It puts the lotion in the basket................

Re:

The beauty (if that's the right word) of using inner tubes is that it's as permanent, or as temporary as you want it to be. If you get fed up with it, or need to renew part of it, it's just a case of unwrapping the old and on with the new. Getting paint, any kind of paint, on or off is not that easy. Plus, everyone's got old inner tubes lying around, so the cost is minimal. I mean, even if you went out and bought brand new inner tubes, you can pick 'em up for £3 a pop. Six should be enough, so that's £18 to do the whole bike, plus maybe another £3 for a pack of 100 cable ties. You could use glue at the end of each "wrap" I suppose, never tried it though................................I bet History Man keeps moths! :eek:

Re: Re:

90sCro-MoFan":2pphn3aa said:
.....................I bet History Man keeps moths! :eek:

Well he’s got the hockey mask and drinks red wine

That was enough for me

Re:

Apologies, well off topic. I do find that if you do have the need to sever a head and transport it, paintwork wrapped in tubing is a great compromise if a little difficult to clean in the overlap.

Dangling it by hand to one side means less control though.

Back