Wanted RTS - rear brake rocker / cracked frame / rear end

markoc

Orange 🍊 Fan
I need a rocker for an RTS. Anyone got one lying around having switched to something other than cantis?

If it was with the bolt etc then that would be dreamy…

Happy to consider buying a cracked rear end/frame - really want to run cantis rather than v’s or hydraulics with this build

Last edited:
Good suggestion. The frame I have (RTS 2/3) is in great shape and as a bit of a bargain so trying not to spend too much - but knowing me I’m going to end up getting carried away!

The rear rocker didn't work that well. On my old rts2 I replaced the weird roller assembly with a suntour power hanger which made a big difference meaning I had a rear brake. Does your rear have a hole to mount one?

@ishaw unfortunately not. Looks like an RTS3 frame, the rear mech hanger isn't replaceable and it doesn't have the seatstay/chainstay pivot there either. I've seen the roller on some frames, and seems to be more the aluminium rear triangle than the steel one.

Trying to date it and the frame number's under a thick layer of paint. It's in really decent nick having been resprayed (in the wrong colour and with the wrong decals, misbadged as an RTS1) and was a bit of an impulse buy as it was badly listed on ebay. Plan is to strip and polish, but the novelty may be wearing off if I can't find a rocker.

I'm figuring the rocker can't be any worse than the pigs ear of a rocker setup on a Proflex 550 which drove me nuts back in the day and pushed me into getting a Magura rear. That was like a really low rent power hanger that just didn't work!

Really want to run some Onza HO's on this build :(

That roller was a pita, had that on my 93 rts-2 with cables and solderless nipples.

I saw the frame on eBay and told the seller it wasn't an rts-1 and fair play, he updated the listing.

As it has a steel rear end, you could drill a hole in the brace and fit a more standard rocker.

I'll have a rummage in my spares box as I have a rear end I converted to disc and I might have a spare GT rocker. I know I have one, but that's not spare.

That roller was a pita, had that on my 93 rts-2 with cables and solderless nipples.

I saw the frame on eBay and told the seller it wasn't an rts-1 and fair play, he updated the listing.

As it has a steel rear end, you could drill a hole in the brace and fit a more standard rocker.

I'll have a rummage in my spares box as I have a rear end I converted to disc and I might have a spare GT rocker. I know I have one, but that's not spare.
Yes first year 1 and 2 (because that’s all there was first yr)
Had the roller.
This is an rts-1 as it’s the first generation

Thanks - appreciate you checking. If you have one, would you mind measuring the dimensions? I might be able to get one made.

Could do a Magura build but think I’d more than likely either use it as a bit of wall art or move it on and look for another as I’m in no real rush.

Back