Rounded Allen key head

Re: Re:

chicken":3fr9pp44 said:
Nice one Muddy Paw. I'll try one of those!

No problem chicken but be sure not to under use or over use the hardner as to much will make it brittle and to little will mean it takes s day to harden or worse case scenario not at all and make sure you mix it well and on a clean surface as i'm not saying you would but some times you just want to get on with it and make silly mistakes as i've been there myself trying to do a quick job for what ever reason which in the long run either makes a hash of it or makes the curing process alot longer than it should be and don't forget to degrease the bolt for the best results ..

Any news here ? Im intrigued to know how the bonding paste worked or no.
Great idea that it is :cool:

dyna-ti":37dqh4rg said:
Any news here ? Im intrigued to know how the bonding paste worked or no.
Great idea that it is :cool:

I have successfully done this before many years ago but it all depends how tight the bolt or screw is due to how much forced was used when originally fitted ..

I've sprayed with Plusgas and now leaving it to soak before trying the bonding paste and torx tip. Fingers crossed!

chicken":1tzppia2 said:
I've sprayed with Plusgas and now leaving it to soak before trying the bonding paste and torx tip. Fingers crossed!

I hope your not just taking your time with this just to tease us as the suspense is killing us :facepalm: :LOL: so yes fingers crossed this works 1st time ;) ..

Re:

If all else fails, you could use a dremel to cut a slot in the bolt-head and then use a big flat head screwdriver to get the bolt out. What also helps, is using an impact drill to add power to the process (you can concentrate on pushing on the bit while the drill does the torquing). Plusgas will definitely help the process.

.....and?

Id be interested to hear if the liqiud metal glueing of allen key works, somehow i doubt itd be stromg enough.

I suspect being an aluminium alloy bolt tje head will sear off. Sinnce the head is still in, id recommend drilling it out, the recess in the head will helpcentre the drill and be relatibelt easy due to the soft metal.

Eazie out have a tendency to break making the situation worse.

Back