Romax#381 BM

Re:

....a few more pix showing some progress.

My thinking behind this build it to use as many parts from the 80's as I could, but also switch out bits for more "modern" if they work better visually.

As I mentioned grouppo is M60 Deore, with XT hubs on Weimann super wide rims.

Brakes are NOS Suntour CB6000. The box includes front/back brakes, levers, cables/housing, and brake bosses. Originally I planned on using the levers but they just seemed out of proportion to the build, or maybe i'm just not a fan of 4 finger levers....anyway this is what stalled my build for months, indecision. Last week I had an epiphany and realized my SS5's might work, and I honestly think they are a perfect match.

Picture of the controls show the ss5's, shifters and brushed ti bar. Those with a super keen eye will notice I switched the Philips head clamp bolts on the shifters to a hex.

Saddle is a nice Rolls from the 80's.

Seatpost is currently a ti post I ordered in 1993 from a advertisement posted in Mountain Bike Action, not sure of the maker.

Finally a super close up of the qr's, American Classic of course. They look scruffed so I might run a scotchbright pad over them to even out the finish.

Next step, setting up the brakes.

Attachments

• qr4.jpg
    qr4.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 602
  • Rolls.jpg
    Rolls.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 602
  • Controls2.jpg
    Controls2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 602
  • CB6000.jpg
    CB6000.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 602
Re:

personally i like the suntour levers. that is what i will be using.
who knows i might think the same when i see them on the bike.
looking good!!! :cool:

Nice! those are my fav roller cams! ...aside from WTB... which are a whole different ball game =)

Re:

And this is how she sat a few years ago.....maybe a few will remember the CL ad.

Attachments

• Rough 88.jpg
    Rough 88.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 568
Re:

Finally sourced decals from a gentleman up North.

Brake set-up is next on the to-do list.

Attachments

• Decal.jpg
    Decal.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 549
Re:

Romax is almost done!

Attachments

• BR-4.jpg
    BR-4.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 494
  • BR-3.jpg