Roger Queen - The Final Reveal

Roger Queen and his fellow Velo Club Slough team mates won the 50 mile National Championship Champion Team prize in 78, 79 and 80. I was fortunate enough to acquire some of John Woodburn's medals, vintage parts and memorabila a few years ago, Roger would have been presented with the same medal...🥇

IMG_20221129_185605_HDR.jpg IMG_20221129_185626_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Nice momento 👍
Yep im told by Rogers daughter a few years ago medal is within there household even though sadly Roger is no longer with us.

Yep but I targeted his own personal achievements being the 78 50 champs & beating the 30mile record per….

Wish i had a time machine to take me back to the 80's . It was a golden time and, sadly, i really did not make the most of it. That annoys me these days.
I don't think many could have imagined then that in 2022 there would be so few courses, on the road, and the RTTC would be in such dire straights, financially, with such a huge drop in membership.
There were a few courses that were heading for the chop, back then, but there really are so few now . A quick look in any summer cycling weekly , from back then, and the number of trials taking place, every week, is mind blowing. Then there were all of the club evening events on top of those.
I did most of my trials on the h10, h25, Basingstoke, and Bentley courses. Did go out to Sussex, for a country course, once or twice, and did a '30' on a fast course which must've been north of london. That was super busy dual carriageway and i remember awful stretches that looked uphill, if you looked forward, but looked like you were riding downhill, if you looked behind!. Pretty sure it was concrete sections too, but can't remember the name of the course. It was dangerous torture!

Anyway....It was fun and i am glad i took part in it.

Latest posts

Back