Rock Shox Judy XC 1st Generation Rebuild head scratch!

The credit really goes to the other folks on here who have posted in the past. Without them it would have been a lot more time consuming.

Re:

I'm just about to rebuild my Judy SLs and bought a spare pair of damper/dummy I spotted on eBay just in case.
I'm still trying to decide whether to get replacement elastomers or some springs from the US.

Personally if you can find springs with the correct compression for your weight I’d go with them and plenty of non molybdenum grease

But to be honest since you probably aren’t going to ride it every weekend like you would have done back in 1995 and properly race it - there’s nothing wrong with elastomers either

Re:

If the weather, work and children don't conspire against me, I want to start riding them very regularly.. You're right, no chance!

It's about a £30 difference to get the springs from the states but more than that I'm thinking of the added weight as, if anything, I want to drop more weight off than I had in the olden days.

This lock down I have gone from 69 to 79kgs. So my weight loss would be......hmmmm....me!

The chubbier than usual,
Janners

Re:

I've stripped the fork and need some elastomers. The spring option is too spendy for me. I can't seem to find many elastomer options to order from in Canada. I've come across a suggestion to order Polyurethane Rod and make my own. Can you tell me the diameter? Looks like 16mm and 20mm are options I can order, does the center hole go all the way through (what is the hole size?)? how long is each section? Your help would be greatly appreciated. I also have asked the ebay seller what their colors mean, I'll need to have a good idea what the durometer or hardness is, they have blue, green, yellow, red and black but no indication what the difference is (Chinese seller). For about $25 I could potentially have a working fork. I don't feel the fork justifies spending upwards of $100 with shipping, etc. My damper seems okay, but I have nothing to compare it to, i does feel like it would slow the rebound action though, no leaks or anything.

Re:

If I remember correctly the hole did go all the way through each elastomer. I have no idea of the size of the elastomers. I bought the elastomers from somebody on here.
All I know is it all worked!

Back