roberts genesis

well, frames painted, picking some custom decals of a mate tonight and ready for clear coat. new grey outers and some tubing to make some custom headset spacers have been delivered. big updates this weekend.....hopefully

decals wont be done until monday, hes gone camping haha, but for free i aint complaining.

frames been treated to several coats of primer

and several coats of lada beige then cream, sneaky pic

bought a new steel steerer (cheers jim) and modified it to fit the pace forks. used a cv joint circlip fitted into a machined groove and hey presto

this was the first attempt, went a little deeper for the circlip groove second time and its fits spot on now

tonights job was to make some headset spacers. the ones available are usually thick alloy and look shot with steel stems and i wanted something more classy looking so bought some 1 1/8 ally tube and made some

need a bit more polishing but alot cheaper than buying a load of spacers imho, and custom ;)

love it

Re:

Like the home made spacers, too! :cool:

By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Looking good for a 50 year old! :LOL: :LOL:

kinda let this alone for week, i have however added some stickers and semi built it up to roll it about.....gonna sort the revolver bb ths weekend and maybe finish it...weather pending ;)

pics to follow

paints not come up as planned after clear coat, its glazed/cracked in places but hey hoe, its a rider and will get scrathed and covered in mud and dust at some point.

gonna shorten the steerer tube a tad and lose a spacer to make it cleaner in the cockpit. grey cable outers are here and i think itll look good when done......

Back