Roberts - either Black Leopard or Snow Leopard

doctorstewie":izeinjid said:
Good lord Man, that's flinkin' lovely. Did you do the respray yourself? I can find little else to say except: Crikey.

Wish I could DS, The LBS, they have someone they pass work to, I figured I would let them have a shot at it since it was a new venture for them. I have quite a few more frames lined up for them to pass on For new paint now :?

RBG

Re:

Too much?......

26473ffa-5fc9-4939-a5e5-fbeb1de4d045_zpsd4yixo2q.jpg

Sinnerman, I did consider the drop bar option, I love the look too but after having a road bike for about 2 weeks :roll: I realised it was a mistake.... drop bar levers really hurt my hands on long distance :? , so I was thinking of a longer term build for this one and going down the Velo orange route, as I do a bit of touring i'm quite liking the look of casey's crazy bars, some brown bar tape and some fat franks...

CCB+2.jpg

RBG

Re:

Very very nice. Thats a super job you've done. Can\t wait to see it finished.

Its amazing what pops up on here when you're not looking... :)

Re:

I'm slowly pottering away with this one.

The seatpost dilemma is

1/ white Tifosi... so it looks like an extension of the seat tube
2/ X-lite wedgehead seatpost.... neutral colour and it has a british flag (also have a union jack rolls saddle)
3/ Strong seatpost....came with it and period correct

was fitting black DX cantilevers but after taking ages to find them I'm gonna swap them for the alloy ones of my kestrel MXZ, they just seem more in keeping for a bike like this

Stem is a funny one, bought a 120mm one of ebay for a tenner in white, it has a brass roller and similar to 89 era muddy fox ones, but I feel like it deserves better :? so been talking a local framebuilder who can whip me a nice fillet brazed one with a decent rise on it - budget build my ass.

RBG

Tremendous, what a brilliant transformation.
Best of luck with the rest of the build, can't wait to see it finished :cool: .

Re:

Love the colour scheme! :cool:
Didn't know you could still get hold of old style Roberts stickers ?
Could you get a Deore seatpost? If not, then I think white would be good. Looking forward to updates!

Mike

Re:

ok, couple of update pictures.....

Deore DX groupset, 21 speed thumbies & 4 finger levers, shimano keyed washer cantilever hanger with shimano WIDE fit cable straddles leading to some nice non lo-pro cantilevers. rear mech is long cage and wheels are Mavic M231CD laced to Deore DX 32h hubs....... I went for white Jagwire cables as I have always found them dependable and the white ties in well with the seat tube and pillar.
stem is to be changed, I went to a local framebuilder who is gonna build me a stem, I'll put up some images when he's getting somewhere with it.
Real bummer is .........and i'm chipping the paint before I get her finished (god damn those 4 finger levers) so a trip out for some matching nail varnish soon :oops: ,

anyhoo....

IMG_20150829_182411_zpswghxxttv.jpg

IMG_20150829_182146_zps65pghgbe.jpg

IMG_20150829_182232_zps9fb8bnfc.jpg

IMG_20150829_182528_zpsn9f7kyqc.jpg

IMG_20150829_182528_zpsn9f7kyqc.jpg

Back