Roberts D.O.G.S B.O.L.X. she is finished

Thank you, whats great about all of this is that I'm slowly understanding that I can still improve her from other peoples comments.
The bike of the month would be great but some very stiff competition.

xxnick1975":29jf1emw said:
Great stuff. Good luck in bike of the month, it's standing out for me

Re:

A DOGS BOLX NOT in White and Black.... it's a miracle!

Lovely lovely lovely... I couldn't be without my DB, after having owned and ridden quite a few classic Brit bikes in the last few years, I still come back to the DB for all my long, technical or unkown terrain rides, as it is just such a go everywhere, do everything bike.

Great job, yours looks fantastic..

Now go and get it all muddy. :mrgreen:

Re:

Great couple of hours on the south downs.
very wet, and muddy but so much fun

Attachments

• dirty.JPG
    dirty.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 513
Re:

Excellent, that's just what they are supposed to look like.

They really are a great bike to ride, and the more you ride them the more you get to appreciate that they just go where you point them, with no fuss or drama.

I just love this! I'm a big fan of a duck-egg blue paint scheme (Gulf Ford GT40 anyone?) :cool:
I think the choice of components is almost perfect, and the execution of contrasting black and silver throughout is very pleasing to the eye. To that end, I'm convinced that amber walls would detract from its visual appeal - the blackwalls/silver rims, the seatpost/seat clamp, stem/headset, stem/bars, shifters/levers (although you want to change!), fork legs/crown, the V-brakes - it all just works together! I'd probably look to extend the black/silver contrast to the chainset if it were me like black Syncros maybe, with silver rings (like these?) or even vice versa.
Regarding the Vs versus cantis, if it's to be ridden and enjoyed, run with them as they're better, albeit cantis may look better for total period-correctness, but you can't remove that rear hanger, so just appreciate the whole setup for what it once was and now is, together ;) Function over form always wins on a ridden bike IMO, and these Vs look bloody great with the overall colour choice.
A great job, well done. :cool:

Re:

Hi
Well thank you to all the comments and suggestions.
I have to say I have paid for some cantis brakes from someone on here just to try out but not sure, In fact they were paid for early last week but still not been delivered.
When having the frame resprayed I was going to have the Cantis brake stand removed however I wanted to have the choose to go back to the original set up if I wanted.

At the end of the day she rides so smoothly, feel really balanced and I'm so happy the colour works. If you look close I have replaced some of the bolts to a gold colour which will be added to as I find the correct ones to fit.
May change the tyres over to Nobby Nicks only because of the grip they give in the wet and loose ground.

The comb brake and gear will need to be changed as the clear plastic cover is broken which unfortunately was filled with grit/ mud / chalk and water on the last bike ride over the downs.

So my DB will be used as my daily bike as that's how I feel It should be, to truly respect the original bike builders and keep her on the road /track to be seen and used for what she was designed to do.
One area which I love about the whole rebuilding of the DB or may be in any rebuild is the knowledge that every part of that bike I have stripped down, clean, inspected, Oiled / greased, filed, ground, searched, replaced, asked for advise, rebuilt and hopefully have many years of enjoyment.

The only problem now is that next ?

Wonderful job :) A great looking build to your taste and specification - well done and enjoy :)

Back