Riding with music

Me?
No...
And yes!
Never ever earphones or headphones...that's gonna get you in a sticky wicket one day...you will end up focused on the tunes....and not hear that lorry shuffling gears getting irate then giving you a large dose of airhorn which funnily enough you will hear !
I rarely listen to tunes during the day never in busy places cos it's rude ..😊....but at night...love it....being in a little puddle of dynamo light and a bubble of sound bombing round country lanes is a really nice place to be✌️
This is my little friend....belts it out! Can give 8 hours battery life which is pretty handy....just wish it had a port to charge from!

View attachment 647653
Just to be a little ontopic here. It is considered to be rude and offensive riding or walking with loud music, but is fairly commonplace in my country. And if those people can listen to their shtty music in their cars, we riders can do it too..
Not only more safe than completely isolating yourself with your headphones, but also help pedestrians and other bikers to notice you.
99% i ride without music, and in the nature i really don't feel like i need it. I am there to get out of the civilized world as much as possible.
In the city or on tarmac in general it's different, i like to ride with music, will do it more often in the future i guess

I love the '90s

Last edited:
I don't ride with music very often because I commute a lot by bike. Most of the time I just forget to pack the headphones because I'm too late.
When I do ride with music, I find it incredibly relaxing. I simply don't notice drivers tailgating behind me any more. But I don't usually have the music so loud or the headphones only in one ear.
When I'm out in nature, I usually leave the music off. But I have noticed that I am faster uphill and along the trails with metal in my ears. You have less doubts and just ride.

Since I recently destroyed my Marshall in ears, I am now using these:

Teufel Move pro move-pro-detail-hero-neu.jpg

I don't ride with music very often because I commute a lot by bike. Most of the time I just forget to pack the headphones because I'm too late.
When I do ride with music, I find it incredibly relaxing. I simply don't notice drivers tailgating behind me any more. But I don't usually have the music so loud or the headphones only in one ear.
When I'm out in nature, I usually leave the music off. But I have noticed that I am faster uphill and along the trails with metal in my ears. You have less doubts and just ride.

Since I recently destroyed my Marshall in ears, I am now using these:

Teufel Move proView attachment 673267
Nice looking earphones there.

For commuting I probably couldn't cope without music, out in the woods, I'd be alright without it but I find that life needs a soundtrack. I do tend to pick songs based on terrain as well, for hilly gravel I'll put on some punchy punk, when it's a long flat bit, I usually just listen to whatever. If it's early in the morning I usually have BBC radio on or a podcast. I like to be fully in my own world, and if there's a topic I'm interested in, I find that listening while having a relaxing ride allows me to take in information better.

Do you ride with music?
Nope, I'm out there to observe and report. For me, getting out in the wilderness is the point. I also get good subconscious thinkings done, the music interferes with the flow. Don't wear them to walk either, I used to, but found that the music became the focus. When I'm in shops however, and there's garbage pouring out of the speakers, I wish I had headphones. I don't want to hear other people's tunes. Keep it to yourself

Nope, I'm out there to observe and report. For me, getting out in the wilderness is the point. I also get good subconscious thinkings done, the music interferes with the flow. Don't wear them to walk either, I used to, but found that the music became the focus. When I'm in shops however, and there's garbage pouring out of the speakers, I wish I had headphones. I don't want to hear other people's tunes. Keep it to yourself
Yeah shopping with earbuds, it's my way to go. We have a wast amount of toxic propaganda in the radio. When i'm really pissed off by people i leave my sunglasses on too..
And listdning to things like this

Back