RIDES FOR 2012?

Dr S":n1q66nmn said:
kaya":n1q66nmn said:
We,ve still the same problem as this year with a National event, We have no AEC so as I understand it that means no National......... unless some one knows any different??

That's between you, Mark and The Guvnor. ;)

I handed my badge in and there's no going back. Of course I'll always help out suggesting routes and out on the rides, but I think the quality of the rides over the last six months has risen to another higher level. In my mind there is already one very worthy man who should step up to be AEC. ;)

WHO??? :roll:

Is this what is known as cyber bullying :LOL:

Dr S":126ioby7 said:
My guess then, if we can find an extra deputy to replace Vern, we have a new AEC. Any suggestions? Mark Two Tone? One of the Skipton lads?

Marc two tone has the best attendance record of anyone hasnt he?

Perfect imho.

Second that for Mark.

We just don't get the chance to ride that much. beavis (Graham) has a young family, myself and the Mrs are expecting our first born at the begining of Dec so thats me out and Edd (Brock) is too busy with work, beer and women to even ride :LOL:

[tanoy voice]

MarkTwo Tone to reception please. Mark Two Tone to reception please. Thankyou.

[/Tanoy Voice]

Back to the rides :LOL:

If there are still six Nationals next year, then we need to put on at least eight rides. (we have four Nationals on our borders)
So if we have two up in the north (Northumberland ish) two down south (Chris's area) and the rest in and around the moors and dales. That then will dictate how many rides in what areas.
We also need to decide what time of year the rides should take place, as its no good trying to ride a boggy moor in the depths of winter.

As far as suggestions for the NE/Yorkies round of the Nationals (if we don't use the BDW) how about a moors to shining sea with a fish and chip lunch?

Just a thought.......... :roll:

Well for the north area may I suggest one in the Howgills and one in the Cheviots/Simonside/Rothbury?

BDW will have to stay outside RetroBike from now on. As the organiser i'm no longer covered by RB/BCF insurance.

3 Tribes would be my choice for National Status but its too near to the Peaks Meet. We could use the same concept for a National Ride on the moors though. 3 starting points, group ride, back to where you started. Would make the numbers manageable. We could have 3 AECs leading each with a local to help out ie: Vern with one group, Chris and Gil leading another and the new dep and me leading the third group. Hours riding, meet up for early lunch, few hours all together and then split up again. It would be a good way to handle the numbers without taking the safer 'Trail Centre' option that most areas have plumped for.

Si

Did someone mention fish & chips :LOL:

Si that sounds like a plan, just got to decide where we ride now.

The route for the last BDW on the moors seemed very quiet and able to cope with large numbers of riders and has a few possible start points.

Do you think it will be necessary to split into groups with different start points?
The peaks ride ran very efficiently with 56 starters albeit with two groups initially.
We could do the same from the cafe in Goathland and regroup at the first cairn after the long climb?

I'd like to try somewhere new for the National. We have done Goathland area to death ( Two BDW, Horcum, Blue Man all use the same area). There are loads of potential routes up on the moors. I'll put on my thinking cap and work out something fresh.
I remember Gil asking about the location of this years BDW as he had thought of something. I will give him a call on friday and see what he had in mind.

Si

Dr S":26gyxyxy said:
[tanoy voice]

MarkTwo Tone to reception please. Mark Two Tone to reception please. Thankyou.

[/Tanoy Voice]

{skiving warehouse operative's voice}

i'm on me break! AND was rudely woken. :LOL:

i'd be happy to assist vern as AEC. a fine candidate, full stop.

bringing up the rear is my speciality anyhoo.

3 tribes as a national! no brainer. catering there, crown control inherent, meet point established. lovely scenery for pics. imho.

Back