Retrobikes or Retrobikers? Long post, please read

I was moved by the sentiment of your question so I wanted to weigh in,

Getting back into shape is an uphill battle and it is not only the physical effort but the mental. I have been riding for 30 years and there are days when I can not stand the idea of getting my kit on and spinning 20 miles but I keep going because I know that any gap in riding will only become heavier with time. My point is that if you ride 10 miles today then that is 10 more than you would have if you never rediscovered cycling. It is still the best exercise out there for the old joints of 50-year-olds like myself, and yes it will get easier. Join a group ride for the traffic worry and keep riding.

Steven

lewisfoto":adlommgq said:
and there are days when I can not stand the idea of getting my kit on and spinning 20 miles

...and that's from a guy who lives in CALIFORNIA!! try the same thing
on a wet, freezing and windy west coast of scotland!! and that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it...

:shock:

:LOL:

TGR":1p700ekx said:
Was the song called Fat Bottomed Girls?

Ian, you would embarrass me if i was close!

They make the rockin' world go round!

Wish I had a copy of the poster that went with it..................... :twisted:

Lewisfoto / Steven,

I await your next installment with baited breath!!!

I have to presume, as alluded to by a Scotsman, that California does not get 330 days of rain and then snow for the rest of a year? LOL

Old Ned":20khsbpn said:
TGR":20khsbpn said:
Was the song called Fat Bottomed Girls?

Ian, you would embarrass me if i was close!

They make the rockin' world go round!

Wish I had a copy of the poster that went with it..................... :twisted:

And didn't David "Eurosport" Duffield, working in management for Halfords at the time, supply the bikes for that promo video? Apparently all said machines went back into normal shop stock once filming was over, so a good few owners could well have been sitting (literally) on a rock memorabilia fortune without knowing it!

David

Ah yes the weather, it was 79f, 26c, here today but the flip side is that it is 100f, 38c, from May until September.

At any rate I hope no one thought I was being flippant with my earlier comment because that was not my intention.

I don't think anyone thought you were being flippant, just a little jealousy of your climate which suits cycling at most times of the year. Warm morning here today at -1c and snowy; places in England are much colder.

Thanks for the response, the encouragement is appreciated.

Awaiting your next bike with growing envy!!!!!

Back