Bike build advice.

Gulwing

Dirt Disciple
Hello and thanks in advance for your advice.
I bought a flandria fame with the intention of stripping the paint. Re-spraying and re-clear coating the carbon. The back end of the bike is carbon fibre. Thought it looked cool.

I have removed the paint and I'm ready for priming. I have sanded the carbon back end of the bike. Should I clear coat the carbon first before I do anything to the frame then tape it uo. I dont even want to try and remove the carbon back end of the bike.

Im new to this forum. Here are my other two bikes iv been emptying my wallet on this year 👍 I'm an amateur go easy on me.

It's a dura ace 10speed on the cad3.
11speed ultegra on the boardman.

Attachments

• 20231018_155419.jpg
    20231018_155419.jpg
    585.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20231018_155612.jpg
    20231018_155612.jpg
    761.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20231018_155705.jpg
    20231018_155705.jpg
    680.1 KB · Views: 24
I'm a little off clear coating but I will be looking defo at uv proof.

This build is having a single front chaing ring, 8gears. I wanted to do it with vintsge style shifters on the downtube. I will probably change it to two front chainrings later so I will install a pair of shifters.
My question is, how do mount/fix a boss to the frame for the shifters to attach? Thanks.

I'm a little off clear coating but I will be looking defo at uv proof.

This build is having a single front chaing ring, 8gears. I wanted to do it with vintsge style shifters on the downtube. I will probably change it to two front chainrings later so I will install a pair of shifters.
My question is, how do mount/fix a boss to the frame for the shifters to attach? Thanks.
Band on.

Ah young paddiewan, this is the talk of a defeatist. If what we want does not exist then we must take to the tools to make what we desire.
😅👍 This thread is for answers that only go my way I'm afraid. Being a jedi would be a much better use of my time but it's raining outside and I havnt finished my bike yet.

Back