RetroBike National Ride Series Round 4 Drumlanrig, Scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if any of us lot will be riding on the Saturday but we can certainly help recommending some trails. There is an epic ride out of Drumlanring called the Wanlockhead gold rush or close by is Mabie and Dalbeattie, both could be knocked off in a day. And theres Kirroughtree too which IMO is better enjoyed on a modern but could be retro'd! A play day at Glentress is possible as its not too far either.

kaiser":2r33sj4n said:
Not sure if any of us lot will be riding on the Saturday but we can certainly help recommending some trails. There is an epic ride out of Drumlanring called the Wanlockhead gold rush or close by is Mabie and Dalbeattie, both could be knocked off in a day. And theres Kirroughtree too which IMO is better enjoyed on a modern but could be retro'd! A play day at Glentress is possible as its not too far either.

Cheers Kaiser, I think we'll spend a couple of days in Peebles the week before, and I've a soft spot for Mabie so that's a possibility too. When I've more idea of the schedule I'll be picking your MacRetro brains!

im in for this, although i do think anyone who attends should get a macretroride thing next to their name, what do you think john,

Im happy to change my name to Hamish McHaggis of it helps.

Red Chilli perhaps we can come to some arrangement ;)

Count me in, Sunday suits me fine, I had a great time last year in Glentress, hopefully travelling up with Marc two tone in the citreon berlingo XTR , the best thing about the car is the XTR bit :D.

Cant wait should be a good day out.

I've booked the campsite for the Saturday and Sunday evenings

ETA on Saturday about tea time or early evening

My chariot of choice, Seat Ibiza TDi FR (F'ing Rapid) :twisted:

P1000332 by Andy.B., on Flickr

elPedro666":3ed5mgae said:
Andy B":3ed5mgae said:
ETA on Saturday about tea time or early evening

So beer o'clock then? Good planning sir! :cool:
Yup, I'll have the beer chiller in the car and a bottle of single malt with me too ;)

elPedro666":ipx0fxg6 said:
Andy B":ipx0fxg6 said:
Yup, I'll have the beer chiller in the car and a bottle of single malt with me too ;)

Coals to Newcastle...? :LOL:
Yeah I know :LOL:

When in Rome...

Anyone know of any distilleries/decent whisky shops in the area? Cold do with topping up the cabinet, down to 5 bottles now :(

A message from gazz

clockworkgazz":2zmfiubw said:
managed to get a discount on the entry price a massive £1 off of the normal entrance cost of £5. so mind and bring your £4 and tell them at the sentry box you are part of the group retrobike. I am pretty sure if you cycle in from the campsite you should avoid the fee, pedal quickly by looking at tha castle withyour walkman on :LOL:

do you want to update the main thread Mr K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back