RetroBike National MTB Series Rd 2: Surrey Hills ~ 27/04/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

I'm hoping to make this. It will be my first retrobike ride, and first proper ride for ages. I'm not sure how long I'll last before the legs or lungs give up but I'll bail early if I collapse or can't keep up with the group.

It doesn't look like it, but does anyone know if there is a height restriction on the car park - roof mounted bike rack and all that.

Looking forward to getting the bear valley muddy and meeting up.

Sam

Re:

No height restriction on this car park. You won't get left behind, and it is easy to bail if you run out of beans as the route is compact.

Re:

+1 for bike ride, sorry for late confirmation, I can now skive work!

Will sort own lunch.

Bike TBC

Re:

There are sandwiches etc. available in the shop on the day so no need to be too worried if you didn't pre-order, they just wanted to ensure that they didn't run short.

The area is pretty dry now and drains well so there won't be any big issues with mud just puddles if it is wet. They have decided to do some logging through one of the single track sections so we will do a final pre-ride next Saturday through that section to ensure all is well for Sunday.

They are also running an MTB Trailquest event from Peaslake village next Sunday, this won't impact on our ride, but don't get confused by any parking directions that might be posted in the area if you are coming through the village.

See you next week.

legrandefromage":fnfoudd4 said:
Hopefully, an 8spd cassette should arrive in time so I can take the new comfy sofa out for a spin.

Is it new running gear ? If so , I have a new 12-23 you can borrow if you're stuck ;)

Mike

Mike Muz 67":l4bqt5so said:
legrandefromage":l4bqt5so said:
Hopefully, an 8spd cassette should arrive in time so I can take the new comfy sofa out for a spin.

Is it new running gear ? If so , I have a new 12-23 you can borrow if you're stuck ;)

Mike

I have a couple too, if 12-23 sounds a bit tough on those hills!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back