Retro TT build

Could always file out the metal roof eliminate but as long as the seat post is long enough should be ok. Nice to see the chainstay bridge is missing :)

Midlife":e3l2gs1r said:
Could always file out the metal roof eliminate but as long as the seat post is long enough should be ok. Nice to see the chainstay bridge is missing :)

Good point, I’ll ask when I get it resprayed. I hadn’t noticed about the chainstay bridge, but good point! Clearances are suitably tight; I doubt I’d get a 23mm in there. :)

Yep, deleting the Chainstay bridge was the height of fashion :) My Aende's, Jackson, Rourke and Holdsworth Classic TT have them missing lol

Re: Re:

Simon Masterson":2tm01bsd said:
Nob":2tm01bsd said:
Whose doing the respray :?:

I usually use Mercian, they did a fabulous job on two of my other frames. It will probably be a few weeks though...

No reason to change then, good luck

Re: Re:

peterfletcher":1zg7tj4x said:
Want this? 12 -19T 7-speed ally Gipiemme

Is there an option to run it with 5 sprockets (preferably 12-16) in 120mm spacing? Yes please if so; this is where I’ve had a lot of trouble so far - not found a 5 speed freewheel that has a 12.

Can't ever recall seeing a 12 tooth cog on a 5 speed, or even a compact 6 like the Suntour Ulta 6 which is the same width....

Back