retro sucks, its to much like hard work or so I thought

It made me laugh last year at the wobble, There I was with the Enduro ... Fully serviced , all near 6" on duty, big disks gleaming ready for the epic battle ahead ..... Then Ededwards pulls up beside me on a rigid singlespeed :shock: :shock: :LOL:

There's nothing I couldn't ride on the old bike that I can ride on the new one. Even when my 'other' bike was a 6"/6" Giant Reign, that bike didn't make too many things rideable that weren't on a hardtail. (Granted, I'd never chairlift my hardtail or roll off 3' drops with it...)

The difference is that if it's a rough day of climbing over rocks, dropping 2' logs on the trail, cornering at 20-30 mph, that sort of thing, it's great to have the travel and the brakes. It's a joy to spin and climb in the seat without crouching for two hours, and it makes it easier and more enjoyable to go for a long ride. It's great to brake deeper, corner a little harder and have the wheels touch the ground a little more.

It also depends where you live. North Shore riding on a hardtail would be pure punishment!

Pretty much the reason all my built up bikes are and have been short travel hard tails!

Really still considering selling the 7" travel Santa Cruz frame and later replacing its build with summat less, seems to be a growing trend. will be a lot more expensive that way... hmm maybe I'll build the damn thing and see what the fuss is all about! :D

Back