Retro old bike parts prices on eBay al going though the roof

Re:

Seems to be going the same way as retro rc, as I have mentioned in the past. Good stuff goes through the roof, less desirable stuff goes through the floor. In the end it’s not worth selling the cheaper stuff so all that’s left are a few sellers trying to sell decent kit at stupid prices.

Re:

As with old school bmx too, soon as it’s cool prices go through the roof. Everyone willing to chuck a load of money at it culminating with people buying re-issue burners as investments.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":1hhtgiu9 said:
Seems to be going the same way as retro rc, as I have mentioned in the past. Good stuff goes through the roof, less desirable stuff goes through the floor. In the end it’s not worth selling the cheaper stuff so all that’s left are a few sellers trying to sell decent kit at stupid prices.

Hit the nail on the head here! If it's not exotica it's a ball ache to sell!

:roll: Its the same in Classic Cars.

Bloke came into the BMW dealer near me and asked what M car he should buy now as an investment.

Is anybody actually using retro bikes as an investment? The high end stuff may hold its value while there's still interest, but are actual prices going up? It sounds very risky.

Stick Legs":2u6xr5rp said:

Bloke came into the BMW dealer near me and asked what M car he should buy now as an investment.

I'd have thought the answer to that is "Any one you like"

You might just have to wait for a longer time with some.

Re:

I think you would struggle now but if you had picked the right bikes 5 to 10 years ago you could be sitting on a decent investment.

I imagine, as I mentioned above, bikes will keep going the same way as retro radio controlled. The price for the most sought after topped out but rarely come up. When they do the price is the price and hasn’t seemed to change for a few years.

Stick Legs":sjbzf47m said:

The E36 M3 only 3 years ago, when I used my "buy an M3 while they're cheap" money to start my wedding fund. Still not married & could've doubled my money as the car I was going to buy & use very rarely for £4500 has just sold for £9200 with 10000 more miles on it.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":m4khr93n said:
I think you would struggle now but if you had picked the right bikes 5 to 10 years ago you could be sitting on a decent investment.

I imagine, as I mentioned above, bikes will keep going the same way as retro radio controlled. The price for the most sought after topped out but rarely come up. When they do the price is the price and hasn’t seemed to change for a few years.

Sometimes I chance upon a sale thread from 2010 or 2011, when nobody seemed to know how to price bikes, and it makes me cry to see a minty Diablo LX with Ti UGLIs going for 100 quid.

Back