Retro Hi-Fi Equipment - advice sought

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
I see that there are some RB members who are also into classic hi-fi as well as bikes so I'm looking for some guidance. I have a system dating back to the late 70's which I would like to see go to a good and appreciative home rather than just take it down to the local re-cycling centre (ie - tip!).

It comprises a NAD 4030 Tuner, 3030 Amp and Toshiba PC-X12 Cassette Player. Last time I used it they all still worked OK. I've read on a couple of forums that early NAD equipment could be 'desirable' - but this is also said about Raleigh Mustangs etc.

Can anyone offer some useful advice please?

people like the old budget Nad amps a lot .....not sure why they are getting a bit long in the tooth performance wise. That said I had an early Arcam of LFG it was great. Got a not so old Rotel RA 971 mark 2 now it's lovely sounding :D

The NAD amps everyone wants is the 3020. These were considered to be one of the best budget / mid range amps of all time. The tuners are not too hot, but were very good. The tape deck isn't really worth looking at.
I would say £30-ish on the amp, £20-ish for the tape and tuner.

legrandefromage":14mcv65e said:
Unfortunately, none of it is worth a huge amount. Although Ebay is your friend for the amplifier.

Thanks Mark. I had an idea that might be the case but wanted to be certain before I let it go for a song - like friend did with 2 Colnagos recently.

Perhaps I will try e-bay. My wife has recently joined up for selling her old craft items.

Latest posts

Back