REMOVED

Re: The People's Front of Judea Team - disorganisation thread

Cloister":38424si6 said:
With regards to the car accident you had Regan how are you holding up? I suppose it's too early to tell at the moment if you will be able to come and watch or not. I know that if you are unable to make it around the course then I think MM will be putting up a notice board where you can advertise for emergency riders to fulfill the team, so by all means don;t push yourself to breaking point. Maybe we can get a retro tandem so you can sit on the bike and one of the other team can just take you around the course while you enjoy the view :LOL:
Blake et al

I have been hoping since the moment i got out of hospital last Saturday night after an almighty head-on shunt on Saturday afternoon and thinking I had a broken thumb and ankle, and been told after numerous x-rays and CT scans that nothing was broken just massively swollen and bruised, that I'd be able to attend as a heckler and general nuisance. However, I discovered on Tuesday I have a fracture to the bone above me heel, the swelling has gone down a bit every day and my foot is still dark purple with shades of blue up past my calf. I can't put enough weight on even with a support boot to move around asily and the massive chest pains i'm experiencing upon even the slightest movement following the seatbelt injury means I can't put weight through my arms to use the crutches.

I've also had a call this morning from the rheumatology department telling me to go for another CT tomorrow. So despite Spud's super generous offer of coming to pick me up to travel with him and stay aboard the potato van, I won't be coming.

I'm gutted!

All those who've ordered jerseys and were expecting to collect them from me on site tomorrow or Saturday don't worry, I'm having Mrs Ev drive me to meet Spud this evening where I'll hand over the jerseys.

Sorry I wasn't able to hold up my deal of being a rider but I'd just advise that you can take long gaps instead of having me ride my laps! (Or get another rider to fill in.)

Have fun! Up The People's Front of Judea! :)

Back