REMOVED

Re: The People's Front of Judea Team - disorganisation thread

minor_LEGEND":3umqvcc0 said:
Hi Chaps. Forgive my poor communications up to now.
I'm in & up for it still, as is my buddy AKP (Adrian) who I roped in to the event.

Craig
Glad to hear off you Craig.

Have you or Adrian had a think what laps you want yet? Even if you want to do something already taken just ask, AFAIC it's all up for debate.

We still need to get at least the 24 x 1-hour laps allocated, and figure out on the day whether one hour average is going to last the full 24 hours.

I hadn't given it much thought as I half expected to not have much say in the matter given my lack of input so far. I would imagine slotting us both in to the next available, early daylight laps & likewise night laps will be fine. No doubt some team-talk on the Saturday morning can iron out things more clearly when we get an idea of lap times & attendees etc.

We're all equals, so say what your preferred laps are from the remaining slots and, as you rightly say, things may change on the Saturday anyway.

Cheers

Cloister":1ey97glk said:
Okay, slight change of plan. Having finally managed to get through to Ben he'd completely forgot about doing the race this weekend. His son has an all day sports award presentation ceremony on the Sunday so he's asked me if he can just race on the Saturday. This is what I'm thinking...

I'll give up my Saturday morning opening lap 12:00 start to Ben, I'll take the next available slot of 5pm. He can also do the 8pm lap and then leave the venue shortly after finishing at 9ish.

Unless anyone minds (or if we are waiting to hear from the other riders first) I'll also do the 8am lap for lap 3 unless anyone else would prefer to do 3 laps.

If this is a problem then let me know and I'll work something else out.

Regan, can you update the first page with the time changes? Thanks :)

Cloister":1kauqup6 said:
Cloister":1kauqup6 said:
Okay, slight change of plan. Having finally managed to get through to Ben he'd completely forgot about doing the race this weekend. His son has an all day sports award presentation ceremony on the Sunday so he's asked me if he can just race on the Saturday. This is what I'm thinking...

I'll give up my Saturday morning opening lap 12:00 start to Ben, I'll take the next available slot of 5pm. He can also do the 8pm lap and then leave the venue shortly after finishing at 9ish.

Unless anyone minds (or if we are waiting to hear from the other riders first) I'll also do the 8am lap for lap 3 unless anyone else would prefer to do 3 laps.

If this is a problem then let me know and I'll work something else out.

Regan, can you update the first page with the time changes? Thanks :)
I can. Not sure I have the will though. :p

Will update it tonight. Replying from phone now.

Updated.

Please check.

Also no word yet from SilveryRider (Si) or Klonraveisbike (Andy) which I'll attempt to drag in by messaging on our WhatsApp chat.

Cheers.

Re: Re:

Rotorhead":2d2gvz4j said:
Silvery Rider has spoken: laps 10/23 please. Is it going to be muddy dya reckon?
Cheers Mark I’ll update the list on page 1.

I think with the amount of recent rain even if it’s fine for the next eight days it’ll still be damp in parts. But the rain is set to continue so, yeah, it’ll be muddy for sure.

Re: Re:

regan_ev":1xl9e93f said:
Rotorhead":1xl9e93f said:
Silvery Rider has spoken: laps 10/23 please. Is it going to be muddy dya reckon?
Cheers Mark I’ll update the list on page 1.

I think with the amount of recent rain even if it’s fine for the next eight days it’ll still be damp in parts. But the rain is set to continue so, yeah, it’ll be muddy for sure.

Everyone bring umbrellas & leave your sunglasses at home. It will remain dry.

With regards to the car accident you had Regan how are you holding up? I suppose it's too early to tell at the moment if you will be able to come and watch or not. I know that if you are unable to make it around the course then I think MM will be putting up a notice board where you can advertise for emergency riders to fulfill the team, so by all means don;t push yourself to breaking point. Maybe we can get a retro tandem so you can sit on the bike and one of the other team can just take you around the course while you enjoy the view :LOL:

Back