REMOVED

Re: Mountain Mayhem Race Jersey thread

WOW! 2 months since I last visited this thread! :eek: :facepalm:

I'll get a move on with a jersey design later in the week. We've been having a load of building work done at home and I've not had much time to think let alone design, plus I'm behind with some other projects so I'm aiming to get a first draft within a fortnight, finalised within a week or two after that, ordering last week of April. (3 weeks' lead time for manufacture plus a few days shipping for those who can't wait to collect at the venue.)

Cool... I was thinking you’d forgotten us!
Have you got any slimming style ideas as the training isn’t changing my waist line much! :oops: :facepalm:

PeachyPM":29rckgh0 said:
Cool... I was thinking you’d forgotten us!
Have you got any slimming style ideas as the training isn’t changing my waist line much! :oops: :facepalm:
The only slimming method I use is ketoacidosis, but the diabetic, life-threatening type. Works like the Atkins Diet. (Becasue, basically, it is the Atkins Diet. :LOL: )

But work on exercise and burning more energy than you consume you should rid fat and build muscle, no guarantee that'll shed bulk, but should see some trimming down. If in doubt, give up, go at a snail's pace, take 2 hours on the lap, and drink beer for the rest of the weekend. Just for fun, right?! :LOL: And suffering to lose weight doesn't sound like any fun to me! Worst case, just put the CB jersey on a hanger on the bike, as a display. At least then you won't have to worry about washing it after the ride. :p

Re:

678M01 by Regan1978, on Flickr

FIRST DRAFT

• Colours are triadic complimentary and AFAIK not affiliated to any particular bike brand at first glance, so these are set unless anyone has objections or a better idea. But I feel they're suitably 'retro' in look and garish enough for those who like garish!
• THIS IS WHY nicked from a sticker on ebay. Mint Sauce is nicked from the t-shirt Jo Burt did for the Lost Souls oF Retro in 2017.
• Tyre treads are a SMOKE and a Porc.
• Long sleeve wrist watch says BEER o'clock!
• a Ringlé Mojo on a bike chain as a medallion :LOL:
• And my own thought-up-last-night bike logo based on SANTA CRUZ says SARCY CNTZ - RETROBIKERS. i think it looks legit as a sponsor that isn't really a spnsor!
• RetroBIKE logo from, er, here lol
• Mountina Mayhem logo is a non-exact rip off of the official Mayhem logo.
• side panels says 'CampYOLO' in the Campagnolo logo style. (I dunno why I thought it was good when I drew it earlier but Camping and YOLO sounded, er, well, feasible to fit into an iconic bike brnd logo style.

• You can have YOUR NAME (or your name, username, hashtag, phone number, twitter handle :LOL:) on the rear at no extra charge.

• NOTE the RIGHT SLEEVES and COLLAR are not finished. I need a cuppa so it's over to you for feedback.

Thoughts? I can add or take away or amend as necessary but I can't afford to spend a week on the design so here's my first draft idea.

Thanks. :D

REMINDER: anyone looking to buy a jersey can do so IF/WHEN I open an order book. Price is same for long or short sleeve, you can have 1/4 or full zip on either.

not bad at all. Like the design and the medallion, tyre treads etc all good ideas.
Personally I'd lose the santa cruz and campag things though,
but as long as Mr Burt is happy for the use of mint I think thats a nice tie-in with the previous tee.

Good job :D

Re:

Not sure about Campyolo; maybe Crankyhobo, Crankyretro, Creakyretro, Creakinggoslow, Crampinggoslow...? I'm sure someone can do better! :LOL:

Otherwise loving the colours and placements of everything :cool:

Rick, Cloister, Pedro, thanks for the feedback. :)

I've removed the Sarcy Cntz logo and the CrappYOLO - maybe I'll put those on mine :p

I'd like feedback on the grass please - I think it breaks it up nicely and adds another colour to break up the pallette. Can be removed though. Important thing is we find one version at least one person wants to buy and we can get the ball rolling.

We need some catchy slogans based on old bike brands' logos/names - I like Creakyretro - I can see if I can make that work from the Campg logo. However, complicated alterations are likely to be time consuming to render, so not everything will be possible.

We're off to a start though. :cool:

678M02 by Regan1978, on Flickr

I quite like the grass and the connection with Mint - Joe Burt used a lot of grass in his cartoons of Mint

MBOK

Yeah... prefering MO2

Back