REMOVED

Re: Mountain Mayhem Race Jersey thread

No worries. I'm talking about specific brands. Whether I like the logo or not isn't important since we all like different designs and have different loyalties (or none). Simply put, it's murky and you probably have more experience than me based on those Yeti re-pro jerseys I saw the other day.

Brands come and go, and even the defunct ones, someone, somewhere usually has the rights. It only takes one person or company to raise a challenge and before you know it, even on a small production run that may seem harmless, you've got a mess on your hands.

Parking that, and this is my personal view, it's stealing original content. So unless you get the blessing from the originators or current IP/content owners then I'd avoid it.

al-onestare":2ht7a2v5 said:
No worries. I'm talking about specific brands. Whether I like the logo or not isn't important since we all like different designs and have different loyalties (or none). Simply put, it's murky and you probably have more experience than me based on those Yeti re-pro jerseys I saw the other day.

Brands come and go, and even the defunct ones, someone, somewhere usually has the rights. It only takes one person or company to raise a challenge and before you know it, even on a small production run that may seem harmless, you've got a mess on your hands.

Parking that, and this is my personal view, it's stealing original content. So unless you get the blessing from the originators or current IP/content owners then I'd avoid it.
Thanks man. Intellectual property is a term that's bandied about all too easily but unless it's someone like Apple, McD's or General Motors, I really won't worry about anyone stumping up the cash to send a solicitor's letter with a C&D notice, let alone getting to court to enforce it. We're planning to make a few jerseys, not a copy of an iPhone.

But following recent debates and certain cliques getting themselves in a frenzy over sod all, I don't know if I can be arsed with any of it any more (to the delights of many, no doubt). So, maybe this is a pie in the sky too many. :oops:

regan_ev":3bc0vf5n said:
But following recent debates and certain cliques getting themselves in a frenzy over sod all, I don't know if I can be arsed with any of it any more (to the delights of many, no doubt). So, maybe this is a pie in the sky too many. :oops:

That would be a shame, i was looking forward to seeing what ideas you came up with :)

mkone":25iv1982 said:
regan_ev":25iv1982 said:

That would be a shame, i was looking forward to seeing what ideas you came up with :)
Thanks mark, that's very encouraging.

FWIW, I've offered an olive branch to LGF in order to clear the air, or whatever, but I've been firmly rebuffed - well, ignored, actually - on Facebook. So following that, I will continue with the jersey project, as planned, and LGF can view from the sidelines if he wishes. I hope he will change his mind on attending and to do so without any worry that I'll talk to him about anything. :oops:

It's really of no consequence whether there's any takers for the jersey or not. As previously stated, I seek to make nothing from this project (other than experience) so if it reaches a point where there's a final design that anyone wants to buy, the manufacturer's details will be provided, and anyone wishing to purchase one can do so directly, without any interaction with yours truly. I really can't do better than that - so no money comes my way, no addresses, contact info, or any of that stuff, and people can then do as they please. I will, as previously offered, happily collect in bulk an personally deliver at MM to mitigate costs and delivery charges. (They charge a one-off fee of £12+VAT for delivery, whether it's 1 jersey or 100, so that's the minimum charge if people wish to buy one and make their own arrangements. However, that can be incorporated into a group purchase if I handle it all, of course.)

Got a fair bit of work on a the moment, so will start it off in earnest early next week. First draft can focus minds and offer a a design for appraisal.

Cheers/

Re:

Rather than brands, I wonder if we could use characters from bitd; names / signatures of riders who inspired us or did something to push the sport forward (or sideways :LOL: ), that sort of thing. Might be a cool way avoid any potential bad feeling from brands but more importantly show some love & respect to a bunch of our heroes :cool:

Re: Re:

elPedro666":2b4j4owt said:
Rather than brands, I wonder if we could use characters from bitd; names / signatures of riders who inspired us or did something to push the sport forward (or sideways :LOL: ), that sort of thing. Might be a cool way avoid any potential bad feeling from brands but more importantly show some love & respect to a bunch of our heroes :cool:
Any big brands, if used, can be grateful for free advertising :LOL:

regan_ev":1dn13hor said:

I know they say that no publicity is bad publicity, but have you seen some of us?!!! :LOL:

regan_ev":2y4n1rd1 said:
elPedro666":2y4n1rd1 said:

Again, especially with bigger brands, those that are active, it's not our content to use without permission.

The characters and people, the language we use/d, the stunts we did, the (old) technology we ride, the trails we rode/ride...there's a lot of stuff that could generate some neat ideas. Just one example, look at 26aintdead. Something simple like that could be neat.

al-onestare":gt7x31z2 said:
Again, especially with bigger brands, those that are active, it's not our content to use without permission.

The characters and people, the language we use/d, the stunts we did, the (old) technology we ride, the trails we rode/ride...there's a lot of stuff that could generate some neat ideas. Just one example, look at 26aintdead. Something simple like that could be neat.

I like the cut of your ethical jib. Some of the 26aintdead stuff is really good.

It would also be good to see something retro themed that would appeal to retro riders outside of Mountain Mayhem.

Back