Recommendations for 're-mapping vectra cdti150 2008.

@Leighcal ,
Cheers mate i look forward to seeing them when you can some and the weather has been a real pain here too and i've struggled to get my little wreck cleaned due to one thing and another so i know exactly how frustrating it can be at times mate ..

Just be careful using the bluetooth OBD plugs, they are known to cause issues themselves when connected and driving.

Getting it cleaned is least of my problems now! Left the better half to go shopping on her own yesterday!! And she's bumped it. Not bad the other car was worse. Pulling into a space and Asian family in a zafira pulling out. Driver wasn't looking and took rear door down to bear metal and plenty of dents and creases. Luckily it's only taken the paint from one corner of our bumper, I can do that easily enough myself. Surprisingly though, shocked me anyway. The driver and front seat passenger said it was 50/50 who's fault it was so no insurance claims or anything. That's not to say I won't get a visit from plod or letter from insurance or whatever. Hopefully they're too their word and that's that. I have a place close to me that has a good reputation for spray jobs. Minimum charge is £90 though! I need a wing painting and now bumper. I think my mate paid 100 for 2 bumpers and a door so may be around same for what I want doing. It's metallic black and can more often than not be a pain to match up from a rattle can so best to get it done right.

@lgf. I have no intention of using any kind of device myself. I have plenty of places local that have the right equipment for the job and are a fair price. £10 for plugging in and fault codes written down for me. They switch light off at same time.

Leigh

Blooming eck Leigh ! i bet you were still gutted when you found out mate and it would seem to me that your Mrs was just over half way onto the parking space when the other driver turned as they reversed out .

The price you say it should cost to get the paint sorted seems pretty cheap to me tbh so if that's what you end up paying out then you've got yourself a great deal indeed mate as the last time i paid for a paint repair which was some time ago now was £150 for each of the rear wheel arches and that was like £100 cheaper than the other body shops i checked round at the time ..

Any way i'd still like to see some before and after pics of the Vectra just out of curiousity and yes fingers crossed plod won't come knocking on your door or the insurance company for that matter as that's the last thing you want dragging things out mate .

Ian

It's not the fact of dragging things out, we had it happen one time before. Had a bump was other guys fault really but as there wasn't any damage to our car and a very minor scuff on his car, both agreed not to take it any further and 10 days later got a knock off police stating we had made off from a accident. Was only because of a kind shop owner letting us have cctv footage that he ended up looking a idiot.
Anyway a couple of pics of a very unloved vectra, just come down with a cold so will be a little longer until it's looking shiny again.

Attachments

• $_86 (5).JPG
    $_86 (5).JPG
    80 KB · Views: 267
  • $_86 (7).JPG
    $_86 (7).JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 267
Yes mate unfortunately their are quite a-holes out there that try to do the dirty on you so glad the shop keeper helped you out on the previous occassion with the cctv footage :cool: ..

Well i like black cars but black Vectra's are in a class of their own so yes i'm really jealous of you mate especially with those blue wheels as they just look the part wkd :cool: .

I take it the damage to the vectra was on the other side as it looks pretty tidy in the pics mate ;) .
I hope you feel better sooner rather than later mate although i'd much rather have your cold instead of this hernia any how look after yourself and i look forward to seeing the Vectra all polished up when your upto it ..

Ian :) ..

Yeah just front bumper on n/s corner. Managed to buff a bit out and fill a bit in with a bit of touch up, just makes it less noticeable. Needs a proper job really but more important things take priority. She's not getting on with it too well though tbh, because vectras are so wide she finds it that bit harder to park. May be on th look out for Astra or focus estate, need plenty of boot space with 2 dogs and 2 kids, kids in boot and dogs on back seat usually quietest trips we have! Maybe a small van/mpv so kids can go right to back and dogs in middle row, who knows? Other half does all the driving anyway. I'm not stable enough to drive.

Leigh

Damage sounds neither here nor their then mate and a damn shame your considering getting rid after all the effort that's been put into this little beauty :( .

I wish i could offer you back what you've paid out on it instead of waiting to hear you'd sold it on so you could get another motor and as for astras their nice enough cars but not sure if they would have enough room for the kids in the boot but should prove spacious enough for the dogs on the back seats though .

Getting an mpv seems a sensible move but won't that still be a tad big for the mrs although my eldest daughter has been driving a Zafira for about 7 years now and she seems to enjoy driving it but what ever you choose to get it would seem your mrs will be best test driving it 1st mate ..

Erm what do you mean Leigh by not stable enough to drive then ? :shock: ..

Not something I want to publish on a forum really but I'm on a lot of medication to keep me out of a place with rubber walls!

It's not the length of the car so much that bothers her, it's the width. Only time width has ever bothered her though!! Lol. Vectras are very wide, we went from a megane estate to vectra so was thinking Astra estate. Same amount of room but nowhere near as wide. Vectras have got to be one of the widest cars on the road? Even mondeos and the like aren't as bulky as the vectra is.
Car is listed in a couple places locally, there's no rush to get rid because it is a good car but if someone offers something that suits us then a deal will be done.

Leigh

Back