Recommendations for 're-mapping vectra cdti150 2008.

Clarkson is a total ass!! but yea!! the vectra may not be the worlds best on handling the twisty stuff but tbh for me it was alot more comfy than the ford mondeo on long journey's any way i hope things work out for you mate ;) ..

I was chatting to the guy that maps Saabs about these last weekend as he's just got one to play with as the 9-3 1.9TiD is basically the same as the Vectra.
You need a proper mapper on this one like you say and you need to do an EGR blank and delete in software (will stop the EGR light coming on after the blank). As LGF says the manifold will be properly caked by now due to the EGR, so clean it out and the swirl flaps. This will them be fine and not break as it's down to EGR that deposits all the cack in the system jamming things like swirl flaps and clogging the throttle body. The Saab guy has done all this and is currently playing with different maps with his (ex-race mechanic and tuner) but he is confident of decent figures.
Like all uprating though it will increase wear on parts like the clutch and flywheel, maybe a bit on turbo, injectors and pump, but turbo wear will be offset to a degree by the EGR delete as you won't be passing so much cack through it! Not sure what the life of injectors and fuel pumps are post mapping, but they were two things that were solid on my old Fabia vRS that was mapped to ~170bhp/350NM.

Carl.

Re:

Didn't check the value of your motor but sometimes it makes more economic sense to invest in a dedicated performance car, eg an E36M3. If you buy from an enthusiast it will often be better priced and cared for = cheaper motoring and less depreciation, if at all ;) but more importantly it will give you far more smiles per mile !

I wasn't looking to get big bhp from it or turn it into a pretend sports car. Far from it. The egr delete and blanking off would cost near on was much as a half decent map. I have had it done now anyway running a 50/50 map am getting around 180bhp and computer in car is showing around 63mpg, the mpg is combined, I have done 300+ miles in the car since remap around 130 of miles been on motorway.
If the car had of failed it's mot badly it wouldn't have been remapped. But all it needed was a tyre which I already had and I have access to tyre machine and balancer, so no problem there. Both rear springs had snapped, I got full set of lowering springs -30mm so only 10mm lower than standard for £35 for full set. And number plate light on near side needed a bulb which I already had. Had 2 advisories off side track rod end worn and had movement but within limits and off side front wheel been welded but not best job. It could have been a lot worse. I could have had it passed for £60 whether it needed work or not but would rather have it right as it's our family car and has to take our 3 week old and 2 year old places so best to have it right.

Re:

Just as well to keep things legit. Engine management light is going to be a fail soon according to my test station. Sounds like a nice motor.

Nice one mate as that's great news and yes your quite right in not taking chances especially where little ones are concerend as their worth more than anything else in existance ..

So glad their was nothing major to sort out and £35 for a set of lowering springs is a real bargain :cool: and i must say that's great mpg your getting there and i bet the Vectra feels like a new car to drive so enjoy mate ;) ..

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":3qv2tzro said:
Just as well to keep things legit. Engine management light is going to be a fail soon according to my test station. Sounds like a nice motor.

Oh well looks like my car will be scrapped come MOT time as i can't keep mine turned off due to to many issue's ..

legrandefromage":2rw142dx said:
EML is still only an advisory so dont get too excited

ABS and airbags are failures plus any traction control lights.

You can read the whole MOT procedures here - same as what the testers use:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... hicles.pdf

The towbar electrics were a bit of a surprise.

Yes but how much longer will it be an advisory for as my cars due it's MOT in September and thanks for the link as i'll give that a good check through although i tend to know the basics but like you i didn't know about the trailer/towbar electrics but when you consider it it shouldn't be surprising really ..

Back