Recommendations for 're-mapping vectra cdti150 2008.

I know very little of Vectra's but I use a Bluetooth OBD II dongle (about £10 on eBay) in my car, along with the Torque App on my android phone to check for any faults and also clear the EML that pops up from time to time (due to having a decat pipe fitted instead of the stock CAT :roll: ).
IPhones need the WiFi dongle.
Dascommand is another alternative App to Torque.

I assume if your Vectra is OBD II it should work the same.

Midlife":mdynxqn6 said:
Take the bulb out from behind the CEL light :)

Shaun

Nice thought shaun but theirs a big flaw with that idea and that being no light on the ignition just before start up which would mean a fail once this becomes part of the MOT ..

I think I'd rather have the light on and know there's something wrong with my car and keep the light, if it comes on again I'm assuming it will be something worse with egr now been removed from ecu. Hopefully it won't happen again but it's a vauxhall! Anything could happen.

Re:

With Subarus the engine light will come on if you spank it over a few miles, or simply don't have a tight fuel cap.. You can reset it by driving like a nun for a few hours. Or disconnect the battery overnight.

No idea about Vauxhalls.

I don't see how they can make it a failure item, as there are so many varying setups. They are though, at some point. Allegedly.

It's off now anyway. Plug had come off swirl flap actuator. Easily fixed though, plug back on and battery disconnected for half hour has sorted it.
Older vauxhalls would put light on for going over a bump, usually because of lambda sensor been knocked or rattled but not on this car. Had it on computer and showed 2 faults, one been what I previously mentioned and the other been a dodgy connection on glow plug which was sorted by garage I took it to. Was £10 for light turning off and no extra for the dodgy connection fixing so smiles all round.
Now just wheels to refurb and find a 19" snowflake to replace the cracked front one that's fitted and car will be 100%. For now anyway! Lol

That's a nice cheap fix mate and glad to see the Vectra is working out nicely so how about a couple of pic's of the ol girl ;) ..

legrandefromage":29mvxiex said:
EML is still only an advisory so dont get too excited

ABS and airbags are failures plus any traction control lights.

You can read the whole MOT procedures here - same as what the testers use:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... hicles.pdf

The towbar electrics were a bit of a surprise.

Interestingly the removal of the bulb in the airbag warning light is only a pass and advise for having no bulb or a blown one and not a fail. I read the procedure earlier this year as a guy I know was going to scrap his Audi S3 for failing the MOT as the Airbag light was on. He removed the bulb and it passed with an advisory. I think this is only an advise as airbags are not a legal requirement.

Carl.

How would they even know a bulb had been removed? Surely they'd only know if they were to remove clocks? Saying that I have seen and heard of mot places removing wheels to check thing over? Why I don't know but it happened to a mate of mine. He took his car for test and they removed wheels? It pee´d my pal off because they used impact gun on his brittle to say the least, locking nuts! The shocks from the gun split the wheels nuts. They were the kind that don't have a nut but like a Allen key with pattern in it. This wouldn't have been so bad but the holes to put nuts in to hold wheels were as if they were only designed to work with this type of nut/bolt. He had to buy a full cars worth of these locking nut things and I don't think they were cheap.

@muddypaw.
I'll get some up when it's been cleaned, all its done is rain here lately. When I haven't had time to clean it it's been fine though! Typical.

Back