recommend me a retrobike.....

you say you have an arthritic back?

if not brought on by injury have you tried a low starch diet?

do you get frozen shoulder as well?

can't help with retro mountain bike ...sorry

the one i have circa '96 doesnt seem to exist anywhere...lol

SDC10018.jpg

If budget is a consideration, consider an early ti Dynatech from Raleigh...

Any early 90's Prestige frame is going to be a good start IMHO, especially something leftfield like a Ballistic.

Can't go wrong with a decent Kona although a Brodie or Rocky Mountain equivalent will give slightly greater kudos.....

Mr K

I'm leaning towards Kona's with a hint of Orange & Specialized...

...but as a kid we had a Marin Dealer by the seafront so Marin may also be in the mix

Just need to work out a budget & find the right bike now...
cyclone":1v3y9f4r said:
you say you have an arthritic back?

if not brought on by injury have you tried a low starch diet?

do you get frozen shoulder as well?
The arthritis is Ankylosing Spondylitis, I'm not sure my diet affects it or not.

Frozen shoulder, nope, just AS

Maybe look out for a Hammer or Equipe or even the Blizzard from Rocky as an alternative and a change, though Kona's and Oranges will do the job and much easier to come by.

But too answer a question.
Andy B":21f5d1ul said:
I used to ride a 17" Orange Gringo, which had top tube of 566mm (effective 592mm) it was a great bike to ride, but I sold it as I needed the funds :(

Would a 17" Kona have a similar top tube, I think it does vary from model to model & year to year

Full geometry of the Orange: 17"
A. Head Angle 71°
B. Seat Angle 73°
C. Top Tube 566
D. Effective TT 592
E. BB Height 306
F. Chainstay 420
G. Head Tube 100
H. Wheel base 1061

592mm = 23.3"
so looks to be an 18" or 19" Kona to look for, looking at wheelbase, aim to test out an 18" if you can.
http://www.konaretro.com/articles/catal ... Page29.jpg

yeah i think AS has been linked to high starch diets...

or at least if sufferes cut down on starches then they may get some pain relief...

look it up on the net

Got my eyes on a '97 Cindercone, with P2's & XT, looks pretty good, 18" c2c measurement, is that the correct way to size for a Kona? (c2c, not total tube length)

Guessing a Cindercone is the next one up from a Lavadome?

I just got rid of my Dynatech, and have to say even though it wasn't for me it was one of the most interesting and well-made bikes I've ever owned.

orange clockwork/c16r or p7

or chas roberts first chioce-if you can find one

but my list of bikes kind of gives the game away about my preference

Andy B":3to9t9i5 said:
Got my eyes on a '97 Cindercone, with P2's & XT, looks pretty good, 18" c2c measurement, is that the correct way to size for a Kona? (c2c, not total tube length)

Guessing a Cindercone is the next one up from a Lavadome?

No Centre to Top, so add 3" the the 18" C2C would be 21" and the largest size they made.

But if you really want to know, PM Anthony to double check everything

Back