Recommend a modern mtb

if you dont care about wheel size, 2000era 26inch wheel hardtails are considerably cheaper 2nd hand than 27.5 & 29er bikes

scant":2xd68n2b said:
if you dont care about wheel size, 2000era 26inch wheel hardtails are considerably cheaper 2nd hand than 27.5 & 29er bikes

Really want a more modern geometry frame

Re: Re:

Tc":t2ex4uuz said:
cherrybomb":t2ex4uuz said:
Cotic Solaris.

Try one... trust me. ;)

Very nice but finding one in large is another thing

They do pop up on the bay from time to time. I think there is a Large 27.5" Soul on there at the moment too, although they're still fetching good money as they've not been around as long as the Solaris.

Re:

If your budget is £500-600 (plus a bit, perhaps, if you're smitten) then there's a brand new 2017 Zaskar here for £525 plus postage: https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT-Zaskar-Spor ... SwU91aZmyV

Not sure if new ones count as an upgrade over older ones though!

And there's a few Genesis bikes in large size in that price range.

The Ragley Marley got good reviews, if you can find one - was about £1k new, probably about £700 now.

You might have a problem balancing new geometry Vs upgrade, though. If it's higher spec than your Zaskar, it probably won't be very recent; if it's very recent, it probably won't be higher spec. Unless your budget is higher than the sale price of the Zaskar that is.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Check you don’t qualify for ‘Bike to Work’ (obviously I have no idea of your profession) as vouchers can be available for this amount and it saves a bit over full retail.
Sorry if that’s an obvious comment.

Back