Recently acquired Sovereign need experts please

After seeing Chilllibiker's Green Brodie I was prompted to head over to the paint shop and pick up the fork and stem after the clear coat.

I mocked up a few parts but still need a longer spindle for the RSR's. Also need an XT post and different chainrings & bar.
But other that that I really am pleased! It just FEELS like this was the paint scheme that she was originally destined for. Originally I was concerned that the gold would be too much bling. But the black XT parts including brakes and Hubs helped tone it down considerably.

Thanks for everyone's input on this thus far.

Sorry bout the crappy i-phone pic

Here is a daylight pic. Great color match!

Looking really good so far :D . I love splatter paint jobs, I think it makes the bike much more unique and retro. I remember a few months back there was a brodie sovereign that came up on the Vancouver Craig's list. It was a deep purple, almost black, with multi coloured spatter and original gator for $150 :shock: the guy selling it described it as a basic ridged commuter bike with paint spilled on it :facepalm: but once I found the post and replied it was long gone. I guess the pit falls of living 2 hours out of town. I lost a mint early 90's Rocky Mountain blizzard the same way I was on my way even offered more than the $100 asking price for him to hold it, got half way and he phoned me saying he sold it from under me :x

Weird how one ebay auction can completely derail you!
Sadly I let that Gatorblade on the German Ebay get into my head.
What was I thinking! :roll:

Anyways...back to the original game plan.

Have some some nice parts to get this wrapped up including a nice NOS XT post

Was going to go with the Cooks but now that I am getting closer to finishing I am leaning towards Black Syncros.
Question is...Do I apply the Big White Syncros decal and lose the whole stealth thing?

Re:

classen":3bqb1v3h said:
JSO":3bqb1v3h said:
Weird how one ebay auction can completely derail you!
Derail in a bad way? or a good way? Did you get them?
I kind of got wrapped up in that German Ebay Auction for those NOS Gatorblades. But by chance I had the pleasure of speaking with Paul Brodie at NAHBS (Really nice Guy BTW) and based on his comments I am kind of glad I didnt pull the trigger. I think my fork choice is gonna stick.

Anyways...I decided to ditch the Cooks in favor of the Syncros Revs.

Back