1994 Brodie Sovereign

hi
nice build. i like what you've done with it.
i really like the colour too. it pops with all the black bits.
maybe some black race face cranks too.
i think the stem length looks about right for the build too bad it doesn't suit you.
what are you going to have done to the stem? would be a shame to mess it up. sorry i don't have a shorter one to trade you.
i'd like to have some clarification on the paint issues too.
harald is an excellent painter and almost neurotic to a fault about perfection.
if he made an error in prepping etc. he's been known to repaint. he is reluctant to let sub standard results leave the shop.
if there are issues with the frame itself will always bring them to owners attention to be addressed. i'm guessing who ever got it painted cheaped out on any additional prep work required to achieve a top notch result.
as for decals, contact jimbotoad on here. he can possibly set you up with NOS brodie decals.
roy

Retro_Roy":3tyzfi87 said:
hi
nice build. i like what you've done with it.
i really like the colour too. it pops with all the black bits.
maybe some black race face cranks too.
i think the stem length looks about right for the build too bad it doesn't suit you.
what are you going to have done to the stem? would be a shame to mess it up. sorry i don't have a shorter one to trade you.
i'd like to have some clarification on the paint issues too.
harald is an excellent painter and almost neurotic to a fault about perfection.
if he made an error in prepping etc. he's been known to repaint. he is reluctant to let sub standard results leave the shop.
if there are issues with the frame itself will always bring them to owners attention to be addressed. i'm guessing who ever got it painted cheaped out on any additional prep work required to achieve a top notch result.
as for decals, contact jimbotoad on here. he can possibly set you up with NOS brodie decals.
roy

Thanks,

I was planning to get the spider on the raceface cranks anodized black to add some contrast. I prefer the silver arms as I feel they highlight the machining better. On the stem, I would the clamp cut off, trim a bit of length off the tube, about 15mm, and then reweld the clamp back on. There's plenty of room between the internal cable routing and the clamp so the modification would be localized.

I don't want to expand on the comments on the paint except to say that I've been called a perfectionist on more than one occasion and am prone to finding issues with a process I wasn't directly involved in.

Frank's offered some reproductions as well. I have 4 Brodies in my collection which are all in need of new decals and I wouldn't feel right using up so many NOS decals.

that's a good question. of which i don't have an answer for. just seems like they naturally go hand in hand. i just checked the 94, 95 and 96 catalogues and i see no mention of chainrings. :?

Back