RC100 - Steve Worland's Team Pace

Post Post

Jez,

I have an NOS Suntour XC Pro post in the cellar - what size/length do you require, you might be lucky....

Mr K

I have seen 27.0 mentioned before regarding RC100 postsize but I have just slipped a NOS XC Pro post in 27.2 flava into my RC100 no problem.

That's a bit special....very nice indeed.

When you get time, please let me have the serial number for the Pace thread (i'll give it a special highlighted entry ;) )

Neill

Any tips of the "pop out" guide things on the top tube?

I have a few spare (I imagine these are gold dust) but they are really difficult to get "popped in" to the holes.

Those with RC100's will know what Im talking about...

thats lovely its a 27.0 well mine was! theres a few posts floating around i bought 5 last year but all sold now just the one on my full xc pro breezer left.

They are designed to go in only once and are never happy once removed. The original grey ones areunobtainable now but black ones are the same as early Cannondale items which Bromley cycles have in stock for a couple of quid.

Ah thats cool

I have 3 fof the grey originals that haven't been installed - they work on a push pin system - its well rough getting them in though. Just wondering if there is a technique for doing it?

jez-4-bikes-max":1whypvui said:
Ah thats cool

I have 3 fof the grey originals that haven't been installed - they work on a push pin system - its well rough getting them in though. Just wondering if there is a technique for doing it?

Spray a little WD40 on them, pop them in and then tap down the pins with a small punch and a toffee hammer ( put Gaffer tape over the surrounding areas in case you have an accident.
Surely black ones would look better on a black frame though Jez? I would give the grey ones a good home on my RC100 Just think of the good Karma as well as a cleaner look! ;)

Back