Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to RBotM March 2023 - Open Month

Another open month and that means any and all are able to join in and enter.
Looking for as many of those rides that are maybe just being finished off ready for the spring, those that have soldiered on through the winter, or summer, depending on your hemisphere ;) pretty much if you are getting it out the shed or spare room and riding then make sure to take a photo and enter.
The usual idea of 2 photos, a brief description and a link to a page etc where people can find out a bit more information, readers rides, web page etc.
Thanks

Jamie

Here's one I made earlier ;)
Untitled by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Wow, no one entering? I need one small piece (campy cassette lockring; having trouble finding one of the proper size) to add a bike unless I take a wheelset from another ride.

Okay, I'll add the unknown bike since it is together, but I need to update the photo since I have done a little work on it (saddle replaced and set-up proper). I have yet to find another example or any information on early Atlas bikes so I cannot confirm the actual make. Best guess remains Italian 1930s Atlas.

ATLAS 30s.jpg ATLAS LUGS.jpg

Last edited:
my last add - here a French lightweight classic from mid of 80s a Peugeot PX10-DU based on a exclusive champagner-bronze version for Peugeot of the famous Vitus 979 Dural in a 6-speed TechSpec most authentic to theteambike of famous French Equipe Shell-Peugeot-MICHELIN mid of 80s ... incl. Simplex's Delrin made rear mech
LJ 4000 CP (... i.e. 173 grams only )

here a pic of the chocolate drive side with beautiful Stronglight 107 crank and the super lightweight rear mech
IMG_1097.JPG

2nd pic from diagonally from the front to the non-drive side
IMG_1108.JPG

more pics here
https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/peugeot-px10-du.460968/#post-3388241

Last edited:
Thanks for posting these 2 examples from such extremes in both design and epoch. I have not seen previous examples of either bike. I would merely flip a coin at this point since both are unique regarding their style and intended use.
Kudos to both entries; I have nothing that comes close to either bike in relation to being completed and in rideable condition.
Good luck!!

Late entry, a Dayton Flyer which is from the early 1950’s I think. I don’t think anybody has managed to work out how to date them from the serial numbers. I have gone off what it looks like and catalogue pictures.
Daytons were made in London and my mum rode one when she was young.

I bought the frame and forks off eBay and then bought parts that I think are compatible.

Link to pictures and build below;

I hope you like it.

Attachments

• 0244B57C-5850-4A89-AF23-03565704C957.jpeg
    0244B57C-5850-4A89-AF23-03565704C957.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • C738D61B-F745-4156-8171-B9730644CFBB.jpeg
    C738D61B-F745-4156-8171-B9730644CFBB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back