RBotM August 2022 - Theme Month - Frames! No builds Just Frames!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to Augusts RBotM 2022 - This months theme is Frames!

This is only open to frames, no builds, completes or otherwise.
It could be the bling one you have stashed away in the loft while you slowly find just the right bits for, or it could be the one you just always liked the look of back in the day that you found and will get round to building one day, no rush. Whatever the frame and whatever the reason it is a frame, we want to see and hear about it this month. Dig it out take a couple of photos and write a brief description of why it's your entry.
Share it with us and lets show what we have hiding away, just one entry per member though so choose wisely. You never know it might inspire others to get their frames built and it might even give you the push to finally start or even finish your own. Remember it's not the flashiest but the one that you like best for whatever reason.

Jamie
Unbuilt original Jack Taylor Sport just to kick it off ;)
IMG_3248.JPG

Since it’s bike of the month you’ll have to decide which one. This is my junk stash to cut up to make hack bicycle frames. When I’m done cutting them up I mount them on trees on the “Rusty Bike Mountain Bike Trail”. It’s an old picked over bike dump in caving mine ground that is now considered safe and the local club has made trails through the pits, dumps and abandoned towns. People keep taking the bikes so I put big lag screws through the frames and screw them into twisted junk trees or dead trees on the route. 5599F2A6-0F9E-4A68-A9E0-5FED9F92D034.jpeg 1E8802A3-AF92-4811-87E4-F8AB2AD0FA97.jpeg
The Rusty Bike Trail. FD02E975-2153-45A2-9EE0-E1D0600C8DCD.jpeg

Here is my latest restored frame. Normaly I know the brand. Now I don't. You can be any help. Vote for me or help me to detect this (probably French) frame. 60-70's?

Attachments

• 20220704_214328.jpg
    20220704_214328.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 12
My next victim for hot rodding....an eBay steal for £10....bought solely for its glorious aluminium mudguards....however once I collected it I realised it was something a little bit special.
So I'm going to give it a new set of wings.

1937 La Fileuese "mixte"
Vitus Durifort c tubing...nervex lugs.....lots of patina!
Through the wonders of the internet I found a picture of the original owner...photo was taken as a school class picture I think in 1943.... unfortunately I now can't find it again...😆

This belonged to a mademoiselle Paulette Yvette Grousset...who lived somewhere near Saumur . .... gorgeous part of France...she is sadly now passed.
I hope she won't mind what I have planned for her old bike.... it'll be very french but with a twist 😊

IMG_20220817_111309_842.jpg

IMG_20220817_111525_551~2.jpg
IMG_20220817_112620_513~2.jpg

I was considering entering my Giant Cadex frame that i purchased 18 months ago from a gent on this forum. However when i saw the photos of the Battaglin, the idea quickly disolved. I think it's going to be a one horse race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back